Lead Synth in Lotus Flower Bomb

KidZeus

I can't link, I don't have enough posts yet. The song is Lotus Flower Bomb by Wale ft Miguel. It's on the radio constantly, so I hope someone knows it and can help me.

I'm trying to emulate the main synth in this song. It sounds like some type of piano. I'm not sure what type, and I've been riffling through my sound library for a few days. If anyone can ID what type of piano or synth I should be looking for specifically, I'd appreciate it. I'm not looking for the exact sound, just something similar.

The main keyboard part playing the chords (see this for that story) is a rhodes with some phaser - I got close using the 4Front Rhodes free vsti and a phaser plugin.

The arpeggio like line (which I think is the lead line synth) is more like a clavinet, but can be programmed using a saw wave tight adsr (little attack quick decay little sustain no realease time) on the amplitude. Use a slightly longer adsr on the filter and resonance on the filter. You could modulate it's mix channel a little so that it bounces back and forth across some of the stereo panorama.

Thanks, everyone. I'm going to test out these different ideas when I get back to my home computer. I appreciate the help.

Back