Korg monotribe vs sylenth1

Brownz

Sup bros, I'm just wondering if I should buy a korg monotribe I like hardware when it comes to synths so i don't have to constantly look at the screen for hours on end while making a unique new sound and I could buy the monotribe or I could just rip papper up and stick it on the knobs on my midi keyboard and use sylenth but I just want to no if the monotribe is worth it?

If you are a hardware junkie, it's awesome. It will not work like a VST/plug-in, and it does not have MIDI (but is actually pretty easy to mod, from what I understand). It does have a "trigger in" type of synch, and will work with a drum-machine or other device that can provide the correct tone for pulse, or it can be synched with other Korg devices (and Electribe, for instance), if you have a wireless device that can run Korg's "WIST" app.

If you can handle analog, and you like physically tweaking gear (rather than working with a mouse), it is an awesome little box.

GJ

Oh it has no midi? :'( that's like playing max payne 2 on extreme difficulty and having only 1 save but it looks like the only cheap hardware synth that's got a lot of good reviews out there I'm sure I saw a video of chad from n.e.r.d pull it out of his pocket on some video on utube and start playing with it with the big subbys behind him linked up to the car lol

The MIDI kit for the Monotribe isn't terribly expensive and doesn't require soldering - the MIDI functionality is built into the machine, they just didn't put the connectors in.

Back