KordsKontrol: the ultimate padKontrol mod!

KordsKontrol

Hello everyone,

I have just finished, after 5 years of furious work
icon_smile.gif
, the development of an autonomous mod (written in Java) for the padKontrol (placed in native mode), transforming the controller into an ultra-intuitive chords progressions, arpeggios creation deck, and Live performance tool.
The soft is interfaced between the controller and any destination instrument (a synth, via its MIDI port, a virtual instrument, …)
No music theory knowledge is required, whatever what is played by the user, it will always sound “right” from a musical perspective.
The chords construction part comes with all the existing 4 notes chords , all the scales (more than 300), all the modes, accepts user scales, and includes non-diatonic chords (dominantization, augmented sixth, …) and usual altered chords. All the available variants are accessible via the controller interface, which adapts automatically depending on the context.
The chords progressions are built respecting classical harmony rules. A simple I-IV-V progression will instantaneously “sound” in a ”classical” fashion.
The soft allows creating complex arpeggios in a few seconds, that adapts to the chosen chords automatically.
The soft manages the creation of rhythmic arpeggios also (to play Drums), and can send MIDI CC (to control the cutoff frequency of a synth filter for example).
The “performance” mode, managing 16 MIDI channels, allows to play with zero-latency in a Studio or Live context the recorded chords, the arpeggios, to add notes from the scale, …
Simply pressing the Pads, you can play beautiful sequences as if they were played by a virtuoso pianist, without effort!
The soft is total recall: all the setup is automatically recalled on launch. The chords and arpeggios are recorded in external files, which allow exchanges between the users.
The soft can be setup with a setting text file.
Etc…
I will publish on YouTube some videos soon to illustrate all that.
If I receive good comments, I will put a demo version online quickly (save functionalities disabled).
For the moment, the soft is PC compatible, but a MAC version seems possible.
I am looking forward to get your comments soon!
Bertrand.

Last edited:
why not publish a demo without good comments? this makes me skeptical of everything you say. not that i doubt what you have accomplished, but it is the baited statement "if I receive good comments..." then I will proceed with allowing people to see it. That sounds like a load of crap to me. I was interested until I saw that.

so the goal is to sell it or what?

Yeah, can't really gauge an opinion on it until we see it for ourselves, don't be holdin out on us fam.

Hello,
Thanks for your feedback :D
I am currently struggling to get the videos and demo version released soon....
I have designed and ordered a custom skin to stick on the controller, its delivery is in progress. I would prefer to wait for it so that the videos will be easier to understand.
The demo version is almost ready also, but I want to check compatibility with several virtual MIDI drivers before the first beta release. It is working perfectly well on my system, but I would prefer avoiding potential compatibility issues by digging a little bit more on that point before the first release.
The user guide, that will come with the beta, is done already.
Last but not least, ... the website is online from now on!
Check it out!
Capture.JPG
Sorry to make you wait a little bit more, everything will come soon :)
Concerning the question about selling it, the answer is No, at least not yet. I want to wait for a reasonable period of beta testing and ensure the application is rock solid before moving on this step. In that event, the price would remain very affordable anyway!
The free demo version will have all the functionalities, except that saving/recall function will be disabled, and that after a few minutes, the application will have to be restarted.
I keep you posted.

Hello,
The demo version of KordsKontrol is now available! :berzerk:
-> Page Downloads on kordskontrol.com website.
PC Windows only for the moment, compatible with the Korg padKONTROL and NI Maschine (except JAM).
I couldn't test it with others controllers than the padKONTROL and my old Maschine mkI; if there is any issue with most recent Maschine controllers, don't hesitate to let me know. For Maschine still, don't forget to download the template for the Controller Editor, and to put the Controller in MIDI Mode
wink.gif

I will try to publish a video soon illustrating the behavior of KordsKontrol with a Maschine controller.

Back