Kick sample sounds late

HalfBlacko0000

Good Music
I don't know if it's me or the samples or my daw or my midi controller but it feels like when I play certain kick samples it feels like there 4-5 mili late to my other samples...anyone ever pull a kick sample that does this I looked at it in the editor and there is no space between the start of the editor and the sample...I dunno maybe I'm trippin

Yah or change your kick sample.

Its just the sample, i have lots like that too where the transient doesn't really peak at the start. Some kicks transient peaks right away, some take a little more to build up.

Just take a look at the audio waveform of your kick(not midi) when its snapped to the grid and youll know in half a second how its envelope plays out..Odds are the start of the waveform is gonna be a bit thinner before it peaks up. Whereas other kick sample waveforms will be peaked right away almost like a sideways triangle.

heres a pic of kick waveform I'm working with right now that would cause problems with being behind the beat or slow like you're talking about..Look at the grid but look at the waveform relative to the grid. Kicks in time, but the sample causes it to be 'slow'

Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 1.24.02 AM.png

Yea yumid that waveform looks similar I already have latency due to my audio interface dieing slowly....but not really noticeable with faster percussion sounds just certain hip hop kick drums do it

youd probably get away with trimming it like this

yWFCiyo.jpg

Last edited:
Yea I think it's time for a new audio interface I have to turn low latency on logic when tracking kinda a pain to worry about

Yea I think it's time for a new audio interface I have to turn low latency on logic when tracking kinda a pain to worry about

The audio interface should not interfere with this. All of your sound is coming from the same source, recording latency will exit but for that there should be a track delay option. But I don't see how this has anything to do with you have kick problems.

Just change the start of the sample to the point where the kick hits the hardest

Back