KICK AND BASS (The Big Room approach) NEED HELP!

Vroxyle

Hello there, fellow producers!

I have recently been wanting to make tracks such as Tsunami by Borgeous and DVBBS, Burn by KSHMR and Dallas K, etc, and at first I thought they had a bass line in the back that just ran the whole time and would be ducked out with sidechain compression when the kick comes in. But that didn't work too too well.?

I then further listened and found out that there might just be a kick, but a longer one such as 808 kicks, or kicks combined with a sine bass synth at the end. And that worked kinda better but I still can't seem to get the touch on this. Either the kick isn't longer enough, or I have no idea.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge on this?

Thank you,

Vroxyle

I think some of those kicks are made from ground up in synths, and then heavily processed. Meaning you have a steady MIDI note filling the whole length of the kick, and then just build a bigroom-type kick around it. Some maybe instead do this using dedicated kick plugins, such as the SOnic Academy Kick (very common in the EDM world).

I haven't experimented that much with these kicks, but I have a gut feeling you may at least head in the right direction by watching Hardstyle 909 kicks tutorials, as they're basically built the same way, only more aggressive and distorted.

Hope it helps.

Back