Khalil Drums

kevorkio

Hey guys i would like to know how to get BANGING drums like Dj Khalil!! Specialy the snares... i cant find any bangin snares!!1

Thx alot guys!!

Well from watchin' the few videos I've seen with Khalil I know that he likes using a mix of live drums/live drums that've been sampled and high priced vsts that've been tweaked to high heavens lol. I also know that he likes to layer claps and snaps under his snares every once in a while in a similar fashion to other cats on Aftermath (Denaun Porter, Dawaun Parker, etc). Hope this helped, gonna post a few videos below that might further help you

thanks alot man imma watch those videos and im gonna try to layer some claps and snaps under snares!

i heard that shady/aftermath used to layer their drum samples and eq them hard so that the sound becomes really warped. Not sure if Khalil does this, as I heard that tidbit of information a years ago when eminem was still in his prime.

i would guess the most important part would be finding/choosing the right drum samples and layers. i don't think any of their effects (settings) is that important since the real pros, such as khalil, have their beats bang ridiculously hard before the mix already. the mix will just put their track in the right light kinda

Back