Keyboard Advice

VoodooX

Ok, im starting to get my music production into full swing now thanks to the people who made online dj and to the helpful people who are part of this community. A big congratulations to all of u.

And now to the annoying question

I want to invest in a keyboard, but dont know which way to go about it. Ive been mixing for a while and want to create some funky dance music. What should i be looking for in a keyboard. Im just trying to keep to a low budget, but want something that won't get tiresome. I plan on getting my synths on my pc so i can tweak the sounds up. Well that about wraps it up. If someone can help me out and people like me in the same situation, that'd be great.

How do you want to use the keyboard? do you want to control by MIDI other devices (that you already have), or do you need a keyboard that actually generates sounds too?

If you just need a controller, get any cheap UD$ 100 MIDI controller it will do the job. If you are a good keyboard player, get a more expensive one such as STUDIOLOGIC/FATAR SL-990, youll feel like a real piano.

Good luck!
And thanks for what you said about this site. Thanks for being a part of it

A while back ifound myself in the same position. After A LOT of research I decided to buy the "quasimidi Raven". It's one of the best dance keyboard/synths i've ever used. You can fully program all your own stuff (beats, riff's, etc), and linking it with something like cuebase is optional (although I did coz i wanted to link it with the rest of my setup). I think they're quite hard to get hold of right now coz they're made by quite a small german firm (as you'd expect with a name like "quasimidi"). It's well easy to use (wich is good because I couldn't understand the badly translated instructions i f i tryed).
Anyway, hope i could help, give me a buzz if ya wanna know more!

Well, i went in a couple of music stores and asked about the quasimidi keyboard, and they pretty much thought i was swearing at them in a foreign language.

What i mean is they had no clue as to what it was, if anyone knows a store in Australia that sells em, leave us a note.

Back