kanye west techniques

does anybody know any kanye west techniques which he uses to create his phenomenal beats? How he makes them drum beats with what instrument like in the slow jam tune and how he makes them heavy melodies i no through theory but where would i get the theory from and his arrangements etc...

who ever replies to dis thank you very much

peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

Kanye kinda beats are ill and are kinda hard to do for his stuff its all in the sampling and the combination of hi hats and snares that he uses. you must change the tempo and be able to properly lay the vocals of the samp to the pattern of the beat..best way is to play a voal sample(hook) with just the kik and a bit a snare to keep it on beat .....

if this is ne help....i unno but i tried

peace

he makes whatever sounds good to his ears. find a sample filter the drums and stretch it if you want the helium-toned voice, then chop the sample into 2,4, or 8 bars, load it into your sequencer then lay your whatever you like over it. but do it to try to make your own style of sampling not to copy kanye. look at all the niggaz in the game thats hot. Nas, Jayz, kanye, neptunes, timbo and etc. they all have their own style. their works dont sound like each others. when Roc signed kanye i used to think "why do they got two producers who sound identical" but now i dont think like that. you can give kanye and blaze the same sample and watch em flip it differently. all im saying is be yourself. aint nothin wrong with sampling just come up with a hotter way of sampling something

its not just sampling tho, there's a lot of counter melodies in 'slow jamz' that definetly aren't from the sample.. Listen to the instrumental, there's keyboards in there..

learn music theory OR learn how to identify the key of the sample and then the scale that goes along with it. After that you add your own instrument sounds in the same key.

Ive re-made many of kanye, and just blazes beats. I juste use the pitch shift on Cubase, change the tempo, and add the drums, Ive ever re-created some of the HEatmakerz beats (from Diplomatic Immunity)

Kanye uses samples to create his hit making beats. If you want to make beats like this all you have to do is find a good sample form something you think you can flip and change the tempo of it to something that sounds good. After that sample some vocals from the same sample or another sample and then you just add some drums and a little instruments to change the beat a little. I use the MPC 2000 to sample, most people don't use drum machines, but this piece of equipment works well when sampling. You can create anything you want with the MPC, it's the same thing they use in the big leagues.

Yeah..he manipulates the sound to his eardrummers drum sticks, ya feel me..but I know he used only three pieces of gear for his College Dropout cd

1.ASR-10 keyboard
2.MPC 2000XL midi production center
3.Gemini PT 1000 turntable

You can read the entire article in February's issue of Remix. Peace.

lets stop tryin to figure out his techniques and figure out each other techniques, cuz on the real WE are the next to blow and thats the truth!!! btw i talked to that nigga kanye on tuesday. he's mad cool. that nigga was at the radio station in detroit and he was like call up there if you wanna holla. i asked him "what words of inspiration do he got for future producers tryin to make it" he said "everybody and they momma tryin to be a rapper so provide them with a service." he went on sayin that its more people tryin to rap these days than when he was tryin to come up. just work on perfecting your style and start off sellin em at 200 then sell a few then raise the price then keep on then b4 you know it you got a bunch of tracks out there then when you some big local artist buy your track you jump to 1000 per track. thats all folks.

man people need to get off this man's dick everyone acts like he was the first to use sped up vocals in a track. I like this his beats but damn why does everyone want to imitate these days.

Most cats use a sample as a starting point, And directs them to doin the rest (drums ,bass, additional melodies and even title of the song) Almost everyone can do beats, it's more about you choosing the right sample with exquisite sound and phat melody that people can catch up to. That's how I see it.HOLLA!!!!

For all of you Kanye Westians, and the starter of this thread, I have bad news. Please, anyone of a sensitive age or emotional state please leave now. Kanye had a keyboard player play on slow jams, just like the musicans he had play on Get By by Talib. I love his work and think he is the best sampling producer out, but trying to make or remake his tracks will be difficult (even for him) without his team that he sometimes works with. If you think that it was just him on that Alicia Keys track n front of his ASR-10, you are crazy. He's great, but be who you are. Message!!!!

Kanye most def. uses the MPC2000XL but another instrument he uses is something a lot of people don't know about is Miri Ben-Ari. The Hip Hop violinist.

Kanyes set up is a 1962 record player and a cheap kareoke machine plugged up through a boombox with the left speaker blown......oh and a fisher price mic....with playschool headphones.....

u know when u press the fastforward button only half way...and it speeds up the song.....yeah thats how he did through the wire from a chaka khan tape that he found in his uncle's basement after gettin his ass kicked for droppin outta college......

10041_b_1.jpg

Goodall said:
Kanyes set up is a 1962 record player and a cheap kareoke machine plugged up through a boombox with the left speaker blown......oh and a fisher price mic....with playschool headphones.....

u know when u press the fastforward button only half way...and it speeds up the song.....yeah thats how he did through the wire from a chaka khan tape that he found in his uncle's basement after gettin his ass kicked for droppin outta college......

10041_b_1.jpg
LOL!!!

Ima get me one right this minute!!

KomplexBeats said:
man people need to get off this man's dick everyone acts like he was the first to use sped up vocals in a track. I like this his beats but damn why does everyone want to imitate these days.

I Co-Sign that to tha Fullest!!!!!!

Plus, Kanye has a fulltime Keyboard Player and Guitarist @ his Disposal..so it aint all Him

Honestly, theres not a BIG secret on how he does his stuff. If you just want the bare bones way he does it is essintially a sped up sample of 4 bars and a drum loop over it. But it gets alot more complicated after that. I would say just develop your own style, because biting off anothers style is wack.

Back