kanye west techniques

iLLementz said:
just press "print scrn" button on keyboard, den paste in image editor

i pressed it and i couldnt find an image editor to open. i tried imaging in the accessories folder and i tried adobe acrobat.

user name: none said:

i pressed it and i couldnt find an image editor to open. i tried imaging in the accessories folder and i tried adobe acrobat. and where am i supposed to send it to host the pic. like your photobucket.com

u need an image editing program so u can paste it there then save it as a .jpg or .gif or .bmp etc. then just sign up with photobucket.com and upload the pic there

ok how about we try a no brainer children ok?

click start > (all programs if on xp) > Accessories > Paint

MS Paint . Available in windows since 1992.

how simple right?

all you have to do is click print screen on keyboard, goto mspaint, click ctrl+v (to paste) , crop / edit if youd like, then save as BMP JPG or whatever.

i gotta make the picture larger. had it posted but it was TOO small. give me a minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
hypnotyk said:
ok how about we try a no brainer children ok?

click start > (all programs if on xp) > Accessories > Paint

MS Paint . Available in windows since 1992.

how simple right?

all you have to do is click print screen on keyboard, goto mspaint, click ctrl+v (to paste) , crop / edit if youd like, then save as BMP JPG or whatever.

dats basically wut i said :rolleyes:

cept i didnt mention ms paint.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
i know this is old but after watching the vid on youtube showing the original then sampled version of his songs its crazy really how little is done to half of them..i mean i'm all for sampling, flipping and choppin **** up, even straight 4 bar loops, but on some of the beats i can't really consider that beatmaking as much as finding a good song and adding drums to it..not knockin the beats themselves, the results are real hot..family buisness is simple but i played that song even the instrumental over and over for example..i like a lot of kanyes beats but..

hes definetly got a talent, a really good ear for a sample and everything, but with the probably more musically talented people around him that add to the sample he didnt even make himself in the first place, its hard to totally respect that as a producer i mean..even the video of timbo helping him with his 808s to hit right for a show..just i dunno..sure hes come from being a go to guy for jay-z to being as popular as him in his own right..but still..it doesnt seem 100% deserved especially with the autotune **** now...anyone else feel that way? end of the day though he done well so i cant knock that..got a good 30 40 kanye produced songs on my ipod..

Last edited:
Great Post BTW, I'd like to chime in on some of what I've read. Its fine if you want to study other producers, thats a part of what makes us better, to mimic and emulate teaches us the process and this is where we learn how to use samples and place the clap over a snare like, Lil John or every other producer on here. Having a well formed team is another aspect of this job that we don't sometimes realize, every one has a team of cats around that will hopefully add to their production value, but I don't personally think it diminishes their status as great producers. There are a few talented artist that we know about that can do it all, and many more unknown artist that we may never know about that can do it by themselves.

Kanye West has a great team around him, Jon Brion, John Legend, Tony Williams, Cons, and maybe others but he's the real deal when it comes to delivering a hit time after time, there is no great secret to this, Work hard and you'll get to that point were your the best that you can be, after that its about who will see your greatness and hire you to produce their next record.

Guiliano Lincoln

Gifted0ne said:
i know this is old but after watching the vid on youtube showing the original then sampled version of his songs its crazy really how little is done to half of them..i mean i'm all for sampling, flipping and choppin **** up, even straight 4 bar loops, but on some of the beats i can't really consider that beatmaking as much as finding a good song and adding drums to it..not knockin the beats themselves, the results are real hot..family buisness is simple but i played that song even the instrumental over and over for example..i like a lot of kanyes beats but..

hes definetly got a talent, a really good ear for a sample and everything, but with the probably more musically talented people around him that add to the sample he didnt even make himself in the first place, its hard to totally respect that as a producer i mean..even the video of timbo helping him with his 808s to hit right for a show..just i dunno..sure hes come from being a go to guy for jay-z to being as popular as him in his own right..but still..it doesnt seem 100% deserved especially with the autotune **** now...anyone else feel that way? end of the day though he done well so i cant knock that..got a good 30 40 kanye produced songs on my ipod..

Sums up my thoughts nicely, especially the thought about the autotune. :o

But what video are you talking about with Timbo and the 808s? Someone link up a fool?

in fl studio, dump a slicex midi file into the piano roll for a variety of diff melodies....takes a lil practice but is a kanye tech,...or at least was.

i love kanye west's beats but you gotta do you so instead of wondering how kanye does his music find your own style and make people wonder how you do your music.

Back