kanye west techniques

Man for all we know Kanye could have used Jamie Foxx to play the keyboards on slow jamz since Jamie is rather dope on the piano. Kanye makes tight stuff, but I am not really into sampling. I like my creations to be original. Kanye's samples are used cleverly though I must admit. I hate when people just take computer love or between the the sheets and just loop it and rap over it. That is bogus :mad:
At least if you are going to use the concept do an interpolation of it and re-create the whole thing from scratch. That's why I think having knowledge of how to play piano/keyboard, bass, drums, and other instruments makes you a better producer. Those are just my thoughts. One Love

I say if people want to learn what Kanye is doing, let them learn so they can incorporate that into their own style, cause every person learns from the people that inspire them intentionally or not

I picked up alot of knowledge in this thread

whats wrong with disecting another producers style? that has nothing to do trying to copy. to be a producer one thing you have to do is study other styles and try to disect there beats.

one technique kayne use's on the mpc is the use of legato. pitch change's in the sample and the breakdown into the chorus or on the 4th bar(or whenever) he hits the key of his original sample then uses legeto to finish the section of the sample he want pitched. the part in his beat when the sample gets really low pitched is just legato into a really low pitch.

much of his drums sound so good because of well placed snare's. the snare's he sometimes use's are pitched up to almost sound like a tom.

he use's envelope's allot. midway of the sample it may get brighter to give it movement, simple envelope's can do this.

its really not that complicated, i think production is a skill more then a talent

to go along with his fulltime keyboard and guitarist he has a bass (real bass,not on a synth) player on some tracks. If you listen to through the wire the bass part isnt from a synth. It is so real i can see a person playing a bass guitar.

mistaox said:

I Co-Sign that to tha Fullest!!!!!!

Plus, Kanye has a fulltime Keyboard Player and Guitarist @ his Disposal..so it aint all Him

dont forget bass player and string player also. and jamie foxx didnt play the piano on slow jamz.

being a good producer, manager, coach, CEO

you must know when to delegate task to those that have the expertise to get the vision you have brought to life.

there is nothing wrong with employing talented people in your circle when creating music.

In the industry, not too many producers are so well verse with pianos, drum programming, bass, violin, keyboards, and engineering all in one.

The real genius producers know their strengths & weakneses and build a team around them that will win them the Championship (in this case a Platinum Plaque)

If you ask me, Kanye a smart motherfunker from the perspective he knows when & where to delegate task in his circle.

One

no one replied to my thread about this so im gonna ask it here.

How much money do acompanyment players get paid?

Is there a time signature in FL that could be some what equivelant to what kanye uses?

Ok, listen to "Twista - Overnight Celebrity." in the beginging, when the kicks start beating one after another-- thats the time signature im talking about.

its a certain type of swing to it. like:

BOOM BOoom boom * BOOM BOoom boom

duno someone help lol

Aight So the breakdown is easy on Kanye's beats... learn how to produce!!!!! lol Nah but seriously It aint an overnight thing. Fruitlooping it aint gonna cut it (Unless you 9th wonder of course).. easiest approach is this.... Listen to samples and keep a keyboard handy. Most cats can play by ear so to really compose you have to be able to lay counter melodies on top of it and fill the track up. I mean press every damn key on an 88 key keyboard until your sample and the note sound identical... If you cant do that then your stuck... Once you can do that then get creative choppin up samples... You see Kanye Justin and all them other cats learned from No ID, Rza, Ski Premier and a host of others... listen to the original samples then study how they flipped it. thats the only way to learn how they did it. Then you can sit down and do somehting totally different... you see you gotta know a what they did b4 you create your own ****.... Just like learning to play piano by playin everyone elses songs... eventually you'll make your own.. holla

user name: none said:
he makes whatever sounds good to his ears. find a sample filter the drums and stretch it if you want the helium-toned voice, then chop the sample into 2,4, or 8 bars, load it into your sequencer then lay your whatever you like over it. but do it to try to make your own style of sampling not to copy kanye. look at all the niggaz in the game thats hot. Nas, Jayz, kanye, neptunes, timbo and etc. they all have their own style. their works dont sound like each others. when Roc signed kanye i used to think "why do they got two producers who sound identical" but now i dont think like that. you can give kanye and blaze the same sample and watch em flip it differently. all im saying is be yourself. aint nothin wrong with sampling just come up with a hotter way of sampling something

HOw do u filter the drums???

use a good ass EQ. use and hipass drop off for the lower frequencies. this will remove or at least lower the bass / kick drums

Back