Kanye West I Am a God

Tomasmccann

deadmau5's butler
The harmony in the outro, drowned in flanger, phaser and chorus. I just can't figure out how to recreate it. Nothing I try sounds as greasy and slimy and nasty as this. I tried applying all said effects to a saw, each with low feedback, medium delay and high phase speed, modulated the waveform a bit, fiddled with other parameters, without any significant results.
Is it even a synth? It sounds a little like there's a piano sample buried in there, but I'm not sure...

Can anybody help with this?

got an audio sample of your efforts?

https://soundcloud.com/canningfactory/i-am-a-god

I used serum. oscillator A has whatever detuned custom wave shape unison, any will do really, RM'd by oscillator B with a wavetable I can describe as smooth as a sine with even harmonics. The osc B wavetable sounds like some sort of LP function and it is LFO'd 0.5 Hz low range. osc B has a sync function set on the osc mod knob (which essentially is a pitch bend), LFO'd 0.3 Hz very low range. Effects are, in order: additional detuned unison, high stereo delay, low rate phaser, a little high midrange trim eq, a multiband compressor, a somewhat blunt LP with 2390Hz cutoff value and 0 reso, low rate flanger with some extra feedback, and uncut reverb with short decay

I hope the description is clear, if anyone can improve it I'm open to suggestions, thanks

with the flanger try changing the depth of the modulation (modulate the control with an lfo if you can so that it varies as time goes forward) so that you get that oily edge a flanger can produce - otherwise consider replacing it with a phaser similar to the mxr 360

Back