the journey from beginning to end

J

Jrown

i was wondering how other people compose their music....im new at this but i usually create a melody and then the drums to match (which im still pretty weak at) and any sampled sounds i might want to add...

Most of the time its drums first cos i suck at melodies.

But some days i might be playing around and come up with a good melody and then add drums.

Its all on the fly.

yeah i hear you...im the opposite...good with the melody...or at least thats what ive been told...and straight wack with them drums...

i start with drums cos i think im pretty good with them, then bass
but i suck at melodies..

i do my melody first then my drums... im not that great with the drums either haha

Dont make excuses for yourselves. You have to be good at everything or your stuff won't fly. If you are not good at one aspect of production, practice ur ass off, or your beats will always have a weakness.

I think it can really go it just depends on where your inspiration comes from. Like I'll be playing guitar and I'll come up with a nice sounding lines and I'll lay that down. Or I'll be doing something and I start hearing drums or a rythm pattern and I'll start in fruity loops or reason and build a song from there. or the boot camp I'll write hot lyrics with a sick tune in my head be stuck from a piano or computer for 2 months get home and do the music and add vocals. Just depends on where the inspiration comes from. music should be influenced by life if you come up with something and have a cell phone and your out make an audio note and come back to it when you can.

Back