J.Cole Sounds

Xremagx

Alfonzo.W
Hi I am some what new to producing and I don't really know the names or uses of all these sounds(leads synth arps etx) could someone help me or direct me to where I could find more information on these sounds & what is the sound J.Cole uses at 1:59 thanks

Look for the unison on any synth maybe set around 2 or 3 I'm not sure what type of waveform is used maybe a saw and sine wave but not sure it has some reverb on it I know j cole uses Logic Pro but you never really know for sure

sounds like a few different type of brass combined. i hear trumpet the most, but they are all slightly detuned and have a low pass filter

@ 1:59 it actually sounds like a hammond b3 emulation to me: i.e. an electronic organ. it differs in that it sounds like it has some string qualities in the body of the sound but the attack is more organ like; based on what I hear at the start of the vid I am confirmed in it being an organ emulation.

the other sound I have heard other than the drums is an alto flute played via a rompler

"808" is being used to refer to an 808 kick/sub bass

the only thing to add is "one man's great sound is another man's distortion" (Tom Lubin personal communication 1987)

Back