Iz there a way to write beatz ?

jwhaatt07

I sometimez have a hard time writing a song before I have a beat,becauz I end up having to add in wordz so it'll fit with the beat or taking out wordz and also shortening sentences.It getz fustrating !

sounds about right...

put words to a beat when it's done... or do some creative editing on stuff you already have... no way around it unless you hear the beat and your timing is impecable.

I can write lyrics if I know the tempo, feel & time signature of a beat. For example, if someone told me a beat was 90 bpm, with a 16th note feel & 4/4 time signature, I could write something. That info will tell me how many syllables, and what type of phrasing I can use.

*This is where rythm comes into play. IT'S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE to write lyrics on beat... without a beat at all. It's all in the syllables man, and I don't know why it's hard for some people - but you can just TELL when you're saying too much and saying too little. Practice your lyrics to a metronome, that's what I reccomend. *Or* - use the classic "foot-tap" technique to keep yourself insync. Good luck.

Back