instruments

drought

i wanna create hiphop/rap/pop music and i was wondering what types of instruments i should use when im creating a melody? also any good vsts?

depends on what genre, if you wanna do east coast itll be mostly brass and live sampled orchestral.
If you wanna do trap music then you'll need Nexus II, Gladiator Tone, Purity and lots of soundfonts that can be found by search "Trap sound kits" "lex Luger sound kit" etc.
those VST's will be good for some west coast style if you wanna go that route as well

depends on what genre, if you wanna do east coast itll be mostly brass and live sampled orchestral.
If you wanna do trap music then you'll need Nexus II, Gladiator Tone, Purity and lots of soundfonts that can be found by search "Trap sound kits" "lex Luger sound kit" etc.
those VST's will be good for some west coast style if you wanna go that route as well

thank you, what would be some vsts for like east coast sound?

what ever works sounds like a cop-out and it is:

Typical sounds found

Vocal
Singer(s)
electric piano
other synths
strings
Brass including low trombones and horns
bass of your choice
maybe 808's knocking with the bass
drum sounds to match your sub-genre

An important thing to think about is do you really need to follow the sonic choices others have already made in a particular sub-genre or should you choose your own sounds and make it anyways - to me this is the key to doing it but making it you

As for particular vsts/sample sets/entire synth packages - choose your own and make it work for you - no point getting Nexus II, Gladiator Tone, Purity and the rest and then just using the same patches that justice league or some other production crew is already using - there will be no noticeable differences and there fore no incentive to go with you over those other more famous crews other than that you may be cheaper (which is never a good selling point when someone else is looking to get famous).......

Last edited:
what ever works sounds like a cop-out and it is:

Typical sounds found

Vocal
Singer(s)
electric piano
other synths
strings
Brass including low trombones and horns
bass of your choice
maybe 808's knocking with the bass
drum sounds to match your sub-genre

An important thing to think about is do you really need to follow the sonic choices others have already made in a particular sub-genre or should you choose your own sounds and make it anyways - to me this is the key to doing it but making it you

As for particular vsts/sample sets/entire synth packages - choose your own and make it work for you - no point getting Nexus II, Gladiator Tone, Purity and the rest and then just using the same patches that justice league or some other production crew is already using - there will be no noticeable differences and there fore no incentive to go with you over those other more famous crews other than that you may be cheaper (which is never a good selling point when someone else is looking to get famous).......

awesome post

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

where do you get your vst from?

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

awesome post man. where do you get your vsts from cause i dont have any? and what if i used those vst but used a different patch would that be putting ur own style to it?

to start try here, an extensive search of all the freeware vsts at kvr

my staples when demoing stuff are the 4front technologies bass epiano and acoustic piano and their rhodes module; all free. I also limit myself to the LM-7 classic drum module in Cubase for my drums (no frills, quick to program and easy to convert other sound sets later).

Find yourself a decent enough drum machine module and some strings and brass to start.

Once you know what to do, buying specific vsts or sample sets with playback hosts becomes an easier task, as you know whether or not the sounds are what you want....

Back