Impulse Tracker 3?

I

In-Effect

Okay, so I know that this program is 6 years old now but it's the only one since Scream Tracker that I've been able to get to grips with and actual produce anything with!

I've tried all the others and I find the Windoze-based ones especially difficult to handle, especially Buzz, Psycle, ModPlug and the like. I've never bothered with Fast Tracker as Impulse has better features now like MMX filtering and Direct X sound drivers.

Until Impulse Tracker 3 comes out (soon I hope), I'm sticking to what I've got and I bet I can make stuff as good as you guys using softsynth-based trackers. Post-production is a wonderful thing ;)

Opinions welcome!

Laters,

Oh trackers are cool yeah you can do great stuff if you push it and sharpen your skills ;) People on the amiga scene used them a lot as well as some big names in Electronica / Dark Industrial I heard sometimes.

Nowaday however, most are using a sequencer such as VST, Cakewalk or Logic to write and record their tracks, and those people are having a hard time when you show them anold school tracker (including me) soyou sometimes get some really negative feedback about those... But trackers are cool :)

My latest experience with a tracker was when I was working on an Amiga machine, and an external "home made" sampling module. The tracker back then was Oktalyzer I think. It was not bad, however, as I have been trained in a classical music school, I prefer to write the notes on a horizontal timeline more than as "events" with numeric time.

hi .. impulse tracker 3 won't be around for a long time.. better stick with impulse tracker 2.14..
i use a registered version of Impulse Tracker .. and have a stereo wave diskwriter also..

try noisetrekker .. it is good but it has new interface and new commands.. so, try and see if you are comfortable with it..

anyways, .. check out my stuff at http://devic.cjb.net .. all of it is made on impulse tracker.. all 100% of it ..

Back