Importance!

S

Silas(envoy)

How important is it really to be able to play a musical instrument to effectively be an established producer. surely messing around on a key board should equip one with enuf knowledge to make a tight beat. and its not like its essential to play the song out in real-time

Tell me wasup:sing:

it very important unless you have a band and it is essential to play the song out in real-time thats how the greats did it

once again. people get the professional of producer wrong. yes to have musical ability helps, but it isn't necessary. if you hire the pianist, the beatmaker, the vocalist, and the rapper for a project,see the project through, and each of these people end up complimenting each other making a hit. you have done the job of producing those artists.

Thats what I thought... because having played an instrument such as the violin and piano when making beats that is... You know how to make them sound like the proper thing... but when usin synths who needs da piano but it is helpful I won't lie

oh yes it's helpful, just not necessary.love of music. that's the requirement. if you passionately listen to music, know various styles, know what sounds good and what does'nt, and have the aptitude to put it all together, then production is what you can accomplish in the industry without having skills as an artist. diddy is a good example.

Yea I would say, as far as synths and midi controllers, knowing how to play piano a lil bit and knowing your scales would definitely help tho and cut out some of the guess work. But its definitely not necessary. I made plenty of decent beats before I gained basic knowledge of music theory so its not a requirement.

And playing Drums certainly helps as well... But if you listen to music underground especially I found that drums are much more interestin the... MF Doom is also NICE....
Listen to
Piano In The Morning
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6141369&q=hi

My beat and gimme props
Skill made the beat not Me, silas
so you can hear that playing the piano I helpful
Check it out

Back