I'm havong trouble with sound design

DaleBlock

Right now all I got is reason 3, and some refills and sound banks

my problem is I dont kno anything about sound design and when I do try to **** with the waves and ****, I hear nothing I want

is their any tutorials dvds or books on soudn design

nope, I really having trouble with basslines

I'm trying to make basslines like the one Nitti used in

Ali ft. Gipp - hard in the paint

and good looks array, i will read all those

Last edited:
hey samplecraze, will you be finishing any more additions to your subtractor tutorials? Your sight has been really helpful.
thanks

I think you'll find once you have figure out what each knob does and managed to digest all the jargon associated with synths, read a few tutorials etc, you will be whizzing around in no time and will be able to get very close to a sound you have in your head.

One thing I always did when I first got into synths was actually read the manual for the synth in question, sounds obvious but you can learn a lot from that. Then reverse engineer patches, or tweak things to get a feel of what they do.

I'm sure the links provided have plenty of info for you to be getting on with, but besides that, just google 'subtractive synthesis' as well for additional reading as well as continuing the practical stuff, you'll have it nailed in no time.

Archius said:
hey samplecraze, will you be finishing any more additions to your subtractor tutorials? Your sight has been really helpful.
thanks

Sure.

Just uploaded the filter tutorials and will be concentrating on the mod matrix next.
That's the real sound design engine of any synth.

there is (or at least was) a book for making X Y and Z sounds at the Access website. although it was primarily tailored to the virus, it might be able to help you. look under downloads...its a pdf, i think

-Lodger

Back