Im gonna say it.. wait for it... I think I'm better than Dr. Dre!

Tru Compozer

Musical Genius
I've been making beats for about 5 years now, and for the last 2 years people have listened to my beats and compared me to him. Personally, I have the love for my music and the confidence to sat that I am a better music producer than Dr. Dre. I have the ability to make literally any style of music, any time of music, and make it sound perfect.. and I happen to be from the same city as him.. Well having said all that I'm always a huge fan, and although my talent resembles his im just waiting for my bank account to do the same!

Lol no music is perfect and doing loads of styles doesn't make you good, if anything, it makes you worse.

'I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced 1 kick 10,000 times' Bruce Lee

Also, once you get above a certain base level of talent, talent has very little to do with sucess in the music industry.

But I do admire you for trying to be greater than those you admire, it's a good way of thinking.

True, doing loads of styles doesn't make me good, the way I do each of them does. How exactly does it make me worse?

And yes true again talent and success has little to do with each other: business skill, luck, and faith is more important.

I feel like Dre is the measuring stick. If you can't analyze his formula and come to the conclusion that even with all his session players, in 2015 you can't do a better job than he has done in the past...you should just quit. As anti-traditional as that sounds, if you can't outdo Dre in a bootleg copy of Fl in 2015, you have no chance in today's industry. That's why he never dropped detox. Back when the cash for equipment and an engineer made the man, he had an instant upper hand, today...what does Dre really do?

You do have a point there.

Okay okay well I'll have to use different, more modern examples.. I believe I'm just as good as (or better than) DJ Mustard, Young Chop, Metro Boomin, Kanye, and Lex Luger at the types of beats that they make.. I dont like to brag (yes I do) but I call myself the Ace of all trades. Forgive me if I am an asswhole (yes, a whole ass) with too much confidence..

Doing multiple styles of music is a natural thing. Sound design, arranging etc.
The hard part is making it work. But that is a very good attitude you have, and a very good outlook.

Keep doing what you do if you enjoy it but do not compare or measure yourself up unless you want to be even somewhat as good as the ones before you or want to do styles in a similar vein.
Negrosaki, yagmha and stan each had a particular style fragment to them that intrigued me, so I get the feeling.

you have 2 tracks on your soundcloud, stop comparing yourself to the greats lmao. i get what youre thinking, but youre just coming off as arrogant l
lol yes i have 2 tracks but they are compilations of a total of 14 beats, and I have made more than 60 amazing beats other than those.. in my opinion, i am a great and if you disagree well we gotta agree to disagree buddieee.

..makes 60 beats
..better than dre

o_0
its not about the amount of beats made, its about the skill and the way I made them, and the versatility and innovation I bring.. I only mentioned how many I had cause this guy says I only have 2, nothing to do with being better than dre.. and i think I was better than him long before i had 60.

Both are varying degrees of incorrect. the amount of beats, amount of time spent making, learning various things as sound design music theory basics of an instrument amount of experience accumulated over time the amount of time you spend doing whatever is what matters and is not a one or the other thing.

And that's if you want to be on the level of whoever it is one day.
Gotta put yourself through some intense hyperbolics if you even wanna be capable of certain things.

Last edited:
Both are varying degrees of incorrect. the amount of beats, amount of time spent making, learning various things as sound design music theory basics of an instrument amount of experience accumulated over time the amount of time you spend doing whatever is what matters and is not a one or the other thing.

And that's if you want to be on the level of whoever it is one day.
Gotta put yourself through some intense hyperbolics if you even wanna be capable of certain things.
Pretty good point made

Tbf, there are loads of producers get really sucessful not being that good at producing. I'm not saying Dre's one of them, but if it was, I don't know, Martin Garrix, or someone, I'd believe there are amateurs out there who produce just as well as him or better

Tbf, there are loads of producers get really sucessful not being that good at producing. I'm not saying Dre's one of them, but if it was, I don't know, Martin Garrix, or someone, I'd believe there are amateurs out there who produce just as well as him or better
which is crazy! but understandable.. if you have the business skill and luck, you don't always need the talent..

Imma go out on a limb and take this as a joke. For real tho, get back in the lab and stay there for a good two years, while your at it learn some theory, maybe how to mix down your tracks. Enjoy urself a lil bit. I mean your not bad but better than dre tho? Probly. Better than DJ mustard? Probly. Tell ya what I changed my mind, how much are you selling these beats for. I just started a youtube page and bought an xbox microphone. I got BARS. Hows about you hit me up with the stuff and we get crackin. Im itchin to lay down some fats lyrics on these beets.

Back