If someone figure it out

Amone

Hi Everyone

It's my first time here !
I was looking to all the thread but i can't found anything about this ..

I' m pretty obsesse with that lead sound (Lone - Jaded) starting at 0;52 sec.
Which kind of synth do this ? There is lot of portamento for sure but can't find the perfect waveform to do it.

If someone can help please !

Bells... Most likely sampled (as in - played on a sampler)... I can't hear any portamento though.

If you want to recreate it on a synth; then FM synthesis is you best option.

If you want to use subtractive synthesis; then try:

3 Oscillators; 2 different Envelopes:

1st: Sine Wave.

2nd: Triangle or sine wave; Up an Octave

3rd: Triangle or sine wave; up two octaves; or at a harmonic (say up an octave + a 7th); or even in harmonic (e.g. any pitch you like!)

What you want is: The 1st oscillator is the low ringing sound of the bell; The other two oscillators are the short sharp "Clunk" at the start of the sound.

To do this:

Oscillator 1: Turn up full volume (or to suit)... Change the AMP ADSR to have A=Zero; D= Short; S= 1/3 max; R= Long

Oscillator 2&3: Turn Volume t zero for these two; then use the second envelope to Modulate the level of these two oscillators. Make this mod envelope: A=Zero; D= Short; S= Zero; R=Short or Medium. You can use the modulation amount to "mix" in the clunk sound. You can also use velocity to control the amount of the "clunk" sound for more feel when playing / programming.

It's also often nice to program in some LFO modulation of the volume to get a tremolo effect...

Hopefully that makes sense..... It's just a starting point; and won't necessarily work on your synthesizer(s) if they don't have the right features; but hopefully you get the idea...

(Note also that I wrote this without being in front of a synth - so it's just a theoretical example!!....)

Back