I need sounds

SoVicious

Long story short, I havent produced one full beat in my life. Always wanted to and I know a lot about audio and recording. I intern with a producer who wants me to have a certain number of beats by Jan 1. I have NO sounds. I made a few kicks and snares, etc by recording me hitting stuff but i need some normal sounds. Wheres the best place to get these (i prefer for free). Help please!

(I got FL Studio and PT if it makes a difference.)

i guess that was a bad way to say it. I need some sounds that I didnt make. So all the beats i make dont sound the same and so i dont have to do as much editing and tweaking (to save time).

SoVicious said:
Long story short, I havent produced one full beat in my life. Always wanted to and I know a lot about audio and recording. I intern with a producer who wants me to have a certain number of beats by Jan 1. I have NO sounds. I made a few kicks and snares, etc by recording me hitting stuff but i need some normal sounds. Wheres the best place to get these (i prefer for free). Help please!

(I got FL Studio and PT if it makes a difference.)

WTF ?. First your name ....SoVicious...sounds like a well seasoned producer to me...

second... " I know a lot about audio recording",

" i havent produced ONE full beat IN MY LIFE ?.

you have to be kidding right.

what makes you think someone is going to just "give you" sounds.

clarify normal sounds please...

SoVicious said:
i guess that was a bad way to say it. I need some sounds that I didnt make. So all the beats i make dont sound the same and so i dont have to do as much editing and tweaking (to save time).

wait a minute........if you have NEVER MADE A BEAT IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE,,,,THEN I GUESS ANY SOUNDS YOU HAVE WOULD NOT SOUND LIKE ANY OF THE BEATS YOU HAVE RIGHT ?.

redboy007 said:
WTF ?. First your name ....SoVicious...sounds like a well seasoned producer to me...

What does his name have to do with anything.

breal said:
What does his name have to do with anything.

you have a point but let me just say this

my nick name is fastashell.....i am in a race.

i have never ran a race before in my entire life..

get the point

Jusr get a flexible synth and get some sample libraries and away you go.

redboy007 said:

I rap, thats where the name came from. I went to school for audio engineering, thats where the "I know a lot about audio" came from. And I never asked for someone to GIVE me sounds. and I have already clarified normal sounds...

redboy007 said:
wait a minute........if you have NEVER MADE A BEAT IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE,,,,THEN I GUESS ANY SOUNDS YOU HAVE WOULD NOT SOUND LIKE ANY OF THE BEATS YOU HAVE RIGHT ?.

No, The sounds I have would do me good for 2, maybe 3 beats before it starts getting old. I have to make about 10 before the end of the year.

Stars- Ill hit you up when I get a chance...

Delphine, thanks.. I tried finding free sounds online but most of them are mp3 and i dont want to mess with that. any good links?

I think I'll end up having to edit the hell out of some FL sounds.

Everybody has always got to beak off with their superior ass replies and withold information.
This place is for helping people no matter how unimaginative, lazy and unresourceful they are...

SoVicious, go to Google > type in "drum samples" > download .wav's or .sf2's
OR
use an audio editing program to chop out samples from .mp3's
OR
use your favorite filesharing program and use your imagination, type in "drum samples"

^^^^ lol... defended me, took a shot at me, and gave me some help... lol thanks i guess... i did that but its hard to find wavs... i find a lot of mp3s but mp3s sound bad, sometimes no matter how much u tweak em

just type in google stuff like

index of drum, sample, samplepack, wav, audio, acapella, remix, sound library.

thats what i do and i get lots of stuff. i prefer to use firefox when searching and disable the search filter

dude go to crackmuzik.com there is a section there called the da beatz once you register you'll find everything you need.

A lot of sample sites will give you free sounds to demo their product. "sampleswap" and the "free sound project" are free but I've wasted too much time on those sites . I prefer to spend a little cash for quality sounds. I've written about my favorite sample sites in my blog.

Back