I need a quality Reverb VST

Fruity Reverb 2, Or CamelSpace (Free)

I find the best thing is to find one vst and learn everything there is to learn about it. I used to only use Camel Space but after learning more about Fruity Reverb, it's become a lot more useful in my mixes.

Camel Space ain't free man... Stock reverbs are always pretty decent when you really learn how to use them

I don't like the fruity reverb 2 for some reason. Maybe Im doing it wrong, but it adds too much of its own tone to the sound and I'm not a fan of that.

Lexicon has a really nice one (can't remember specifically which I used that I liked a lot). TC. electronics supposedly has some vst's that sound comparable to their hardware. But, nothing I have found comes anywhere near as good as running through a dedicated hardware unit (I use a T.C. Electronics digital rack unit). That also requires more ins/outs and gets best results when using digital ins/outs (S/PDIF).

I've also used Valhalla Shimmer, and I dig the tone of that one a lot, but the decay time is astronomically large, which makes it unusable in most situations.

Camel Space ain't free man... Stock reverbs are always pretty decent when you really learn how to use them

Really? My bad, it's been a minute.

I don't like the fruity reverb 2 for some reason. Maybe Im doing it wrong, but it adds too much of its own tone to the sound and I'm not a fan of that.

I know what you mean. It takes a lot to know what each knob does and how it correlates to the sound you're wanting.

What are your favorites?

What DAW are you using? Most come with a fairly decent reverb that will trump alot of options out there. Digital Performer, Logic Pro, SONAR, FL, Cubase, even Reason have decent reverb modules. Can't speak on Pro Tools because I used 3rd party stuff and never heard anything that "stuck out", but I'm pretty sure there's something decent in there from Air.

Altiverb, RVerb(Waves), and TL Space are some of the best I've used, in order. Can't say there aren't better values as far as bang for buck. Hell, I'm good with the RV7000 in Reason. If I'm paying over $400 for a reverb, it better be hardware, lol.

Last edited:
don't all reverbs allow you edit how long their decay is? Have you tried peeping what the parameters on your reverbs do?

don't all reverbs allow you edit how long their decay is? Have you tried peeping what the parameters on your reverbs do?

Except for the ones that don't. Yes, I have tried screwing with the parameters a ton and its pretty tough to make that thing do anything you need it to. Plus it randomly blocks the audio coming through it on certain project files, very annoying.

why would you think that? - feature limitation is a key way in which to encourage folks to buy after the demo period expires

Not to take any attention away from the original question, but what do other outside reverb plugins do that stock plugins cant do? Do other ones have more features or do they somehow sound better?

I never really liked the stock FL reverbs (just preference - nothing wrong with them). I pretty much use IK Multimedia's classic studio reverb exclusively these days

Back