I need Help With identifying a sound

VYCityMusic

ok people are going to call me gay for loving his song.. but i love pretty much anything the production duo "Tha Underdogs" touch but in b2k's "Why I Love You" from the their first album every time the break comes theres this modulated pitchbended rhodes synth sound in the background its always in the rest part before the chorus .. right after "...took a while for me to see how special you've treated me...(rest)'noise in back') then chorus .. same with the second part "...girl your the one who changed me from a boy into a man...rest 'noise'.. it plays during the song but its really back there it only stands out on those parts the time mark of the the first time its hears is around 1:08
you can also hear it really good at the very end of the song because all of the instruments fall out and it becomes more prominent

please help its been driving me crazy its in a ton of other productions as well
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3GgwQuC30ikk

I know you can definately emulatate that sound on tritons as far back as the classic.

Yea, I been lookin for a way to achieve that sound. Its been common in R&B tracks especially by Darkchild and R.Kelly.
I heard its made from a pure sine wave with the right amount of resonance, portamento, pitch shift and modulation - not a specific patch on a keyboard or plugin - could be wrong?.
I've tried and got close to achieving the sound using NI FM8's default sine patch.
Man, someone on here must know more about that sound?

On youtube with ****ty speakers it sounded like the basic is two simple waveforms at different pitches, classic moog set up.

Back