I need a DAW that can do it all

bigl2369

I'm not new to music. I'm not new to recording either. I know that there are 12 keys and seven modes. I know the circle of fifths and flats backwards and frontwards.

I also know recording techniques like: adjusting the tempo of a clip by a percentage and making it sound like a chipmunk, reversing a clip, pitch correction, bandpasses and filter cutoff automation, bass drum compression, midi drums and melodies, recording to a new track, tempo detection, hit point detection, splitting a clip, copying and pasting a clip

I need a DAW that can do those recording technique things and I need someone to tell me how to do each one. I don't want to buy a DAW.

Last edited:
Just curious on everyones thoughts.

I'm most interested in the following : time shift where you can highlight a clip and adjust the time by a percentage and it makes it sound like a chipmunk or slow motion. I'm also highly interested in beat detection and hit point detection. Highlighting a clip to reverse it is rare too in most DAWs. I know tons of daws with midi drums and compression and bandpasses and filters and stuff.

1.timeshift by percentage and clip highlight, highlight and reverse;
2.midi drums, recording;
3.bandpass automation, repeating and reversing with delays, bass drum compression;
4.tempo detection, hit point detection, splitting and pasting;
5.pitch correction with a plugin;

and I know mbox pro can do it all

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not new to music. I'm not new to recording either. I know that there are 12 keys and seven modes. I know the circle of fifths and flats backwards and frontwards.

I also know recording techniques like: adjusting the tempo of a clip by a percentage and making it sound like a chipmunk, reversing a clip, bandpasses and filter cutoff automation, bass drum compression, midi drums and melodies, recording to a new track, tempo detection, hit point detection, splitting a clip, copying and pasting a clip

I need a DAW that can do those recording technique things and I need someone to tell me how to do each one. I don't want to buy a DAW.
You need a DAW but don't want to buy a DAW.
What? REAPER.

Last edited:
All DAWs can do all thhose things and more.

If you don't want to pay for a DAW, go for REAPER, then get a decent synth and sampler, because the stock plugins don't contain a good synth or sampler.
I'd suggest kontakt player and synthmaster or z3ta.

Why are you buying a DAW? What kind of music do you want to make?

when you spot multiple posts in the same thread it is common practice to merge them into a single post (drops your post count and heads off a postcount bump spam rampage on your part

secondly, if you wish to question such a decision in future, do it civilly and via a pm: you knew who did it and it is not that hard to do

thirdly, your request is a nonsense -do your own research for free daws and you will find that there really is no such thing that will achieve what you want

1.timeshift by percentage and clip highlight, highlight and reverse; EDITING
2.midi drums, recording; MIDI
3.bandpass automation, repeating and reversing with delays, bass drum compression; FILTERING
4.tempo detection, hit point detection, splitting and pasting; CHOPPING AND SCREWING
5.pitch correction with a plugin; PITCH CORRECTION

how is this not research? how am I trolling bump spamming?

how come numbers have to be matched up exactly for them to work? why do I love the number ten?

im getting pro tools...

Back