I have trouble converting my ideas ?

JaySpring

Hello, what do you think is the best way to convert your ideas ? Thats how I usually produce, I usually have an idea already recorded (just making sounds with my mouth) before I open fl studio. The thing is I have quite trouble converting them. Idk why, maybe because I dont have the right preset, or I am not experienced enough with the notes. Do you have any recommendations what to do ? Should I learn a lot with synthezizers to MAKE THE SOUND I NEED, or practice a lot of remakes to get the notes experience ? I am quite new to this, never really played an instrument, but I definitely have a lot of creativity :) Will appreciate all your feedbacks :) Thank you

^This....learn the piano/keyboard to at least a beginner level...right now you are just stomping about if you can't intentionally play any notes.

Learning to play the piano/keyboard is definitely a good idea, as this will accelerate the process of transferring what's in your mind to FL studio. I suggest you get yourself a cheap midi keyboard and start having fun with it. Watch some tutorials about chords and scales then play around with those.

If you want to go deeper, take lessons, online, or even better with a real teacher. The deeper your understanding of the "mechanics" behind the music, the easier it will be for you not only to transfer your ideas into the computer, but also to develop new ideas.

Back