I dont know the right term to ask my question, so look at below my print screen.

cmw0ng

Tempo, rhythm or possibly quantisation problem

Hi all,I dont know the right term to ask my question, so look at below my print screen.I tap out a beat using a Piano instrument but the problem is the time of the beat I created. If it is on 3.2, it sounds what I want. But the problem is it doesn't match with other instruments beat I made which is always stop at a Whole Number (eg. 2, 3).When I play all together, the rhythm of the Piano instrument doesn't sound right with others.Hope you guys are able to understand my question. Maybe you can tell me the right term or the right question that I should ask.

Bar question.JPG

Thanks,Wong(Newbie)

Last edited:
Some audio would also help,

But you seem to be asking about tempo and rhythm and possibly quantisation

That last one is where you get the notes to line up on the beat or some division of the beat like every 8th note or every 16th note or whatever works for you.

At any rate, you probably need to consider whether or not it is your piano part that is wrong or the other parts that are wrong - I can't tell you without some audio....

I am unable to post my audio because my post counts are not enough.
This is the sound.
soundcloud.com/cmw0ng/keys-acoustic

My tempo is 120bpm.

Thanks,
Wong

Last edited:
i think its because you're trying to make triplets. the easy way of doing that is right clicking on the grid, enabling triplet grid and then drawing or step sequencing or even playing them in

I am unable to post my audio because my post counts are not enough.
This is the sound.
soundcloud.com/cmw0ng/keys-acoustic

My tempo is 120bpm.

Thanks,
Wong

says the track has been removed - so still none the wiser

I am so sorry. I private it. I enable it to public now.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

I am not try to quantize. My sequence sounds perfect for me. The thing is it doesn't have well rhythm because it stop at 3.2.
It is hard to match with other instruments' rhythm.

The problem is that your piano loop is 3 and a half measures, and starts it's next loop in the middle of the measure. try extending the length of that midi clip to 4 measures and listen to the difference.

Back