Hows this sound recorded or made?

SimonT

In this song, want to know how the trumpet sound is made. Is it a trumpet sample done as a kind of stab or recorded like a real trumpet? Mainly the way it is on the chorus. If it's not a sample or stab, is there a name for the way the trumpet sounds or is being played cause I can't really find a song where it sounds like that. If it's a sample, anyone know where I can get any good trumpet samples from?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a pair of real trumpets

it's a fpf crescendo: the note is played loud to being dropped to soft and then crescendo back to f - it also sounds like there are buckets/hats at the end of the bell being moved off the bell in time with the swell of each note

I would look at garritan jazz and big band for these types of sounds as a full sample library of brass, saxes, piano, guitar, bass and drums

true that, was thinking it sounded familiar and certainly similar to a lot of the horn arrangements on the Village People's songs such as YMCA

Cool thanks to both of you. But how did they get that sample then, cause it would't be clean would it? Did they obtain it from the record comany or what? I've often wondered the same thing about The Prodigy's samples they use. How did they get such clean good sounding samples?

Last edited:
it is clean at the start of the track (except for the synth part) so just cut it clean and be done

Back