How are these vocals sounding like this?

DarkMaGiicS

What are these guys doing to make these vocals sound like this?
Start at 0:13 and heard again at 0:22 and hear them well at 1:57 till 2:07
they sound deep, like they have abit of reverb on, maybe distortion?
How are they made please?
Is there any tuts for it or is there a name for these vocals?

Pitch control (harmonized, or sample conversion, or a number of options) up, pitch control down, reverb, digital delay set with timed repeats, low pass or band pass filter after the 2:00 mark. I don't hear distortion at all, but it could be applied subtly. Could be some chorusing used that way too (subtle). There is a harmony/answer track also sped-up and mixed back, and possibly a whisper track, at least on the higher lead voice.

I can't believe chipmunk vox are a "thing" now...

GJ

Last edited:
Pitch control (harmonized, or sample conversion, or a number of options) up, pitch control down, reverb, digital delay set with timed repeats, low pass or band pass filter after the 2:00 mark. I don't hear distortion at all, but it could be applied subtly. Could be some chorusing used that way too (subtle). There is a harmony/answer track also sped-up and mixed back, and possibly a whisper track, at least on the higher lead voice.

I can't believe chipmunk vox are a "thing" now...

GJ

Thankyou!
I read this and tried doing it, and it sounds completely nothing like it:/

If you are talking about the low voice:

- High cut, pitch it down (12 semitones probably).
- Lot of reverb, what I hear is a short reverb maybe 0.5 sec. Just play with the time and find what sounds best.
- Little bit of distortion yes.
- Delay (ping pong)

If you are talking about the low voice:

- High cut, pitch it down (12 semitones probably).
- Lot of reverb, what I hear is a short reverb maybe 0.5 sec. Just play with the time and find what sounds best.
- Little bit of distortion yes.
- Delay (ping pong)
Yes.
I'v able to get the pitching down, I just can't seem to get the reverb and distortion and delay correct

(If it is the same the vocals are saying "I JUST WANNA LET YOU KNOW" there quiet deep. Not the normal vocals your hearing the ones in the background)

Last edited:
Yes.
I'v able to get the pitching down, I just can't seem to get the reverb and distortion and delay correct

(If it is the same the vocals are saying "I JUST WANNA LET YOU KNOW" there quiet deep. Not the normal vocals your hearing the ones in the background)

Also,there-is-a-low-cut-on-there-as-well

Back