How are this sounds made?

Diejon

Waddup guys,

A while ago i heard this tracks, i'm very curious how the drop synths are made? I know that a lot of people find this annoying to listen to, but i find this very dope. Can some of you guys explain to me how this synths are made?

The first one starts here:

The second one starts here:

Last edited by a moderator:
And the last one starts here:

I hope that you guys will help me, i don't think that it is very hard to do but i don't know where to start.

Peace,

Diejon

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so the basic concept of these synths is actually pretty simple. They're sample "shots", just short samples that you can find in sample packs or sample them from your own recordings. In the first 2 tracks the producer used vocal sample shots, in the 3rd track however it sounds more like a trumpet or a horn or something (I'm not really sure what it is actually).
These shot's are then pitched up and used to play the drop melody, with a glide on the sampler. The trick is to get these samples to sound as powerfull as possible, my guess is that the producers used compression and maybe some form of distortion.

The idea itself is really simple, it's just a matter of finding the right samples.

Back