How to recreate a Synth sound

Frostshock

Hey guys,

i hope u can help me.
I got a sample, from a free sample pack and i found a very nice synth sound in it.
I try to recreate it, but it fails -.-

So i wrote the Producers of the sample package if they can help me and their answer is, that they don't know who the producer is.

Please help me to recreate this synth sound.

View attachment EH4_04_A_Hard_Lead_130_F#min.mp3

Last edited:
it sounds like a square wave based sound, possibly combined with a sawtooth wave
Then
...with a square wave LFO assigned to the filter to me...

it's a very simple sound. it makes sense why they would not recall who the producer is, because it's a very basic synth sound.

I think you could make wayyy better patches on your own if you put your mind to trying. If you don't have any hardware stuff (which can range from cheap to crazy expensive) then there are plenty of software plugins that range from free to somewhat expensive. I dunno what you spent on this sample library, but you might want to consider investing in yourself to make your own sounds, which does not necessarily mean money. Time, for sure though.

You could get away with having a decent MIDI controller and using VSTs, even though having a relationship with a physical piece of hardware can be more rewarding in my experience.

good luck man, I'll try to check back.

anyone else?

Last edited:
Hey quick question, all those dope sounds u hear from popular hip hop and pop songs, do the producers make those from scratch? Or are they just randomly found on the internet like how sample producers have to search and get lucky to find good things to sample from crate digging? I just got komplete select 2 days ago but these sounds dont seem as cool as the ones i hear on the dope beats that play on the radio. Thanks man

Hey quick question, all those dope sounds u hear from popular hip hop and pop songs, do the producers make those from scratch? Or are they just randomly found on the internet like how sample producers have to search and get lucky to find good things to sample from crate digging? I just got komplete select 2 days ago but these sounds dont seem as cool as the ones i hear on the dope beats that play on the radio. Thanks man

It depends, a lot of producers are just dropping samples and make a track with them or use synths presets without touching them.
Others create synths patchs or can edit samples a lot.

You can do both if you want there is no rules actually...

Last edited:
Back