How to recreate this synth/preset for this synth?

klzbeats13

Reggaetonero
It sounds kinda like a Supersaw, but I'm not too sure how to alter the saw to make it sound like this. It plays in the background of Danza Kuduro (the sound starts at 00:45):

(Since I can't post links yet, here's the ending link to the youtube videos):

It also plays at the beginning of this song:

I hear it a lot in pop, edm, and some latino tracks but I'm not sure how to recreate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The sound that starts in 0:45 in Danza Kuduro is a gated supersaw (basically a supersaw with an lfo), but I believe it also has a flute layered under it. The main sound you are looking for is usually referenced as a gate.

I forgot to say there is also a lot of presets in most soft-synths that sound just like the ones used in the above songs. Especially in Nexus2.

Oh ok! Thanks D-C! I have Synlenth1 for FL Studio that has a Supersaw preset. Do you know the best way to modulate the preset to have it sound like the 2 above songs? I guess I should also look into getting Nexus2.

Oh ok! Thanks D-C! I have Synlenth1 for FL Studio that has a Supersaw preset. Do you know the best way to modulate the preset to have it sound like the 2 above songs? I guess I should also look into getting Nexus2.

First, in the mixer turn both Mix A and Mix B all the way down. Then, in the misc 1 section, select step velocity for the source and then make the destination "Mix AB". After that you should have a basic gate going. If you wish to further modulate you can go into the Arpeggiator tab in the center console and play around with the velocities near the bottom (each box represents 1 step in the gate pattern) to either raise or lower the velocities (essentially the volume) of each 'step' (they play sequentially, so if you alternate between 100 and 0, you would have a gate in its most simple form). A pattern I suggest using to get a closer sound to those above two tracks is 100-100-0-100-0-100-100-100.

Yeah just a supersaw. I don't think you need to alter anything to it. What seems to give this effect is the other one that is layered. It is a harmonica pitch bend. Both are playing at the same time. The supersaw play the bass note but the harmonica play the lead.

Last edited:
First, in the mixer turn both Mix A and Mix B all the way down. Then, in the misc 1 section, select step velocity for the source and then make the destination "Mix AB". After that you should have a basic gate going. If you wish to further modulate you can go into the Arpeggiator tab in the center console and play around with the velocities near the bottom (each box represents 1 step in the gate pattern) to either raise or lower the velocities (essentially the volume) of each 'step' (they play sequentially, so if you alternate between 100 and 0, you would have a gate in its most simple form). A pattern I suggest using to get a closer sound to those above two tracks is 100-100-0-100-0-100-100-100.

Thanks D-C! I'll try it out. One more thing... Do you know any good resources regarding LFO's and sound modulation in general? I've picked up on a few things on the internet but I'm really lacking in theory knowledge.

Thanks D-C! I'll try it out. One more thing... Do you know any good resources regarding LFO's and sound modulation in general? I've picked up on a few things on the internet but I'm really lacking in theory knowledge.

I think you have the best resource already. You would be surprised at how much you can learn just turning knobs and then seeing what they do to a sound. How I try to improve my sound design (and in turn, modulation) is to go through the preset banks and find something I really like, then go back to the initialized sound and try to recreate it. If I mess up I go back to the preset and see how they did it. But I'm sure if you don't feel like doing that there are plenty of sound design tutorials on youtube (especially for Sylenth1), granted, some of them are pretty mediocre though there is a bunch out there that can really clear things up.

Yeah just a supersaw. I don't think you need to alter anything to it. What seems to give this effect is the other one that is layered. It is a harmonica pitch bend. Both are playing at the same time. The supersaw play the bass note but the harmonica play the lead.

Thanks Star27! I didn't really notice the harmonica until you pointed it out, although I did have a feeling that there was some sort of wind instrument layered with the Supersaw...

Back