How to recreate this specific sound Jahlil Beats uses?

Baszjeh68

So I was checking out Jahlil Beats on YouTube and this sound has always stuck with me:

Jahlil Beats Making a Banger 2 - YouTube

I'm talking about the 'space' sound that comes in at 0:24. Is it just an arpeggiator? How can you create something like this?

It just sounds awesome.. You can hear it without the brass at 0:56, he even uses other instruments there.

Sounds like just a sinewave with a quick delay playing with arp and shifting very often between different notes to create that variation.

Sounds like just a sinewave with a quick delay playing with arp and shifting very often between different notes to create that variation.

There's definitely reverb and slight portamento too. You're right, it is a sine wave arp, as I've used presets that are similar, although there has to be some kind modulation that makes it hit that "bell" sound at the top of arp sequence. I remember someone posting this exact video awhile ago.

I recreated the synth.
Yeah it includes just a dash of shortdecay reverb, but I think the most of the reverb-feeling comes from the delays stacking on top of eachother because of the delay feedback amount combined with the quick notes.
It contains just a hint of portamento to give that extra touch on the arp, but it makes a great difference.
However, I got the same sound without any modulation.

Sure, here you go. Just played some random notes. This time I just uploaded the Harmor-synth (one of my personal favorites). But this kind of sound can be done in many different synths.
However I mostly just focused on the timbre so the delaytime etc isn't that perfect.
Further on he probably have mixed it and mine is unmixed so it can sound a little harsh at the higher notes.

View attachment recreated synth.mp3

Back