How to produce such a sound?

jackhugo

Hello all,

I am wondering how to create a sound like in this song (sound starts around 20 sec)

(it is a German song but text does not matter;-)

Any idea which VSTi/effects can be used to produce such a sound?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing you're thinking of the sound that's panned hard to the left.. That is a vocal sample, probably just cut up and played with a standard sampler. As far as processing I think it's just EQ, compressor and reverb on it! Hope that helped you :)

Hi Dan, thanks. Actually, I mean the instrument which is continuously there. I think the sound is from two instruments (one is higher, one is deeper) as starting from 2,56 min you only can hear the deeper one. Any idea?

Ok! Well that is pretty much just two different synths, a bass and a lead. I'm no expert on synths so I can't really explain how to achieve the "lead" sound, but I would start with a sawtooth, Cutoff to soften it then just play by ear with the envelope. It's not a very complex sound and I'm sure you can find presets that sound similar with a synth like Arturia's Minimoog V. The bass is more or less only a triangle with everything but the bass and sub cutoff!

Yes what dan said, but it sounds like the synth is pitch bending slightly too which is easy enough to do if you have a pitch bend wheel on your keyboard (if you have one)

Back