How many of you are self taught

D

Disease_The_Drums

In whatever instrument you play?

I'm currently trying to teach myself keyboard and guitar, (I've had previous keyboard education in my early school days but I've pretty much forgotten the intricate details and been left with subpar knowleadge).

Peace to all.

self taught on everything, keys, production, mixing, scratching, sampling. etc. I just started ****ing with forums this month

Disease_The_Drums said:
In whatever instrument you play?

I'm currently trying to teach myself keyboard and guitar, (I've had previous keyboard education in my early school days but I've pretty much forgotten the intricate details and been left with subpar knowleadge).

Peace to all.
same here,i was taught in my early years,but after awhile i lost all the info i soaked in when i was younger,now im trying to get it back,and it seems harder the second time around...

sekf taught too..in every aspect...u still laern some new everyday...........sometimes is good to go and learn this a isntructor...

Self taught myself on guitar, started about 5 years ago. Learned by ear, only book I bought was when I first started.. didn't need any since. Learned scales etc all by myself.. Well maybe a little help from older folks.. but mostly by ear...

The only thing that wasnt self taught in making music was playing the guitar. My parents made me take lessons when I was 12. Then i quit after a year. Started a band, then our band fell apart. Then after that I really never touch the guitar. Maybe once in a while I did. Now I'm old, so decided to learn how to play the keyboard. Using most of what I've learn from scales and chords from guitar playing helps with learning with the keyboard :D

self taught piano 7 years.
self taught drums 6 years.

drums self taught 14 yrs playing, engineering and producing semi-self taught

I've been big on teaching myself new skills, whenever I see something that I think I will find useful, I give it a go. Especially true over the last few years, perhaps approaching things with a more mature attitude has really helped me in getting closer to both my musical and career goals (both of which are built on self taught skills).

Some people find it extremely difficult to motivate themselves to learn something, and would rather sit and watch TV or take part in some other passive entertainment, but personally that sort of thing makes my brain cringe, and I'd much rather take another step towards where I want to be (even if it IS only a baby step!).

Piano i learned 5 years with instructor, everything else completely self taught (audio and visual).

Self tought on everything mixing production although along the way ive induldged some info to up the game cuz everyone knoes knowledge is power so i try to get as much as i can when i can ya dig

I'm a trained classical pianist. I took private piano lessons when I was 4all the way up to when I was 17. I've been teaching piano since I was 18..I'm 20 now. I taught myself guitar when I was 9 and picked up the drums soon after. I've been writing music for a while..but I started making beats about 2 1/2 months ago. With the help of everyone on this forum..I'm teaching myself production and all that good stuff. Thanks all. peace and blessings.

-Mike
www.myspace.com/megamiketrixofthetrade

I learned piano when I was a kid, but then learned all audio production on my own, although having had the experience as a child did help out.

learned trombone for like 4 yrs. self-taught w/ the everything else

...with technology and; the knowledge some of these ' ole heads ' know about making ANALOG their slave...

its probabbly best to ALWAYS stay a student to keep up.

Peace and Blessings,
COMA.

megaMIKE said:
I'm a trained classical pianist. I took private piano lessons when I was 4all the way up to when I was 17. I've been teaching piano since I was 18..I'm 20 now. I taught myself guitar when I was 9 and picked up the drums soon after. I've been writing music for a while..but I started making beats about 2 1/2 months ago. With the help of everyone on this forum..I'm teaching myself production and all that good stuff. Thanks all. peace and blessings.

-Mike
www.myspace.com/megamiketrixofthetrade

You killing them keys man! :cheers:

I trained myself playing keyboard for like 1 and a half year now. I'm 20 now. Here are some of my tracks: www.myspace.com/beatem2006

Back