how many for chorus, verse.......

Dj Excite

i just went a step up and started to mess around and im making some hot beats now since i went 24 BPM and i want to know how many bars is it for a hook in a average 3 min or 4 min beat for that and how long is the verse and also im using fl studio and was wondering the cells in the playlist now are wider since i went more bpm are each of those 1 bar or considered 2 bars

16 bar verse, 4 bar chorus. Though it's cool if you do an odd number for the chorus like 5 bars. The chorus you can play around with, but usually you have 15 bars for the verses.

I don't use your software so I can't answer the other question.

But man, 24 BPM? That is suuuuuper slow. Like really slow. Really really slow. Good luck on that.

*8 bar chorus...

And it's not all about BPM... it's about spacing in your programming...

sorry i ment i got 24 beats per bar my bpm is 102.....its a hip hop beat and if it was a 2 min or 1 min track like a demo track then i can use half for the verse and half for the hook right

kid848 said:
*8 bar chorus...

And it's not all about BPM... it's about spacing in your programming...

well here is the best way, you start the song off with a 4 bar chorus, and then after that the choruses are 8 bars. so like

intro > 4 bar chorus > 16 bar verse > 8 bar chorus > 16 verse > 8 chorus > 8 bridge > 8 verse > 8 chorus

im sort of confused but what is a bridge now, i dont think i ever put bridges in my beats its just chorus verse chorus verse and a little part whr i change it add a little hiss or w/e so the listener doesnt get bored. I thought the chorus was suppost to be longer than the verse

ugh if the chorus is longer than the verse, i can't stand the song. in some rock songs it's like that and it works tho.

a bridge is usaully when you change up the beat basically to keep the song interesting. then it goes back. the guys from little brother are pretty good at it.

you can also do it other ways like with effects on the voice and stuff. check out the song "Raw Life" by Foreign Exchange and after the 2nd hook (i think) there is the bridge.

im using fl studio and im getting messed up where in the play list when i click on which ever pattern my cell that is bubbled in is longer and before when i was using 16 beats per bar it was a single block now its longer and want to know is it considered 1 bar or 2, my common sense tells me one but im not sure

Back