How to make your track sound like 'one' track. (Electro house)

Soem

It kinda sounds like a track for the intro, another track for the break and another for the drop. How do you create a drop that 'fits'?
it kinda annoys me because i have 5+ drops now i can't get a good break on. :(

Listened through your whole song and I like it.
You are on way to mimick the people and the style of music that you have listed in the songs tags (Romero, Hardwell, Spinnin, Tomorrowland, Edm) but you are not quite there yet. But absolutely on a good way.

Since you have been able to mimic parts of the genres teqniques, all you have to do is listen a little better and compare yours to the masters. What does yours lack:
In the beginning it beats me that the new elements that comes in seems thin like they are alone and not doubled or wide enough and not supported by alternative sounds. Sounds very rarely comes alone in EDM, everything is massively supported by additional voices or doubles/triples.
Also the wideness beats me as too narrow and one place in particular is the short deep buzz synth that so easily can be heard at 4:23. If that was doubled, panned and added a little more reverb or delay it would sound so much bigger in my ears.

Finally; to the point you asked about; gluing all together. I do not think your track lack consistency but I can see your point. Try to use one element that comes in very early and shows up later in the song in different forms that glues things together? Like that "hey" or a synth line.

The "drop" where the song kicks off at 1:32 has a good function I believe; I can feel the rhythm of that one.

I also feel that your track is lacking a lot of deep bass which is so important in to give the big feeling of the drop and the "chorus" main theme drive.

Finally; the width. EDM is extreme wideness and yours is too narrow imo. Double stuff and pan it hard, use wideners on what needs it and use centre info removers like Waves Center or similar.

And listen better to the EDM heroes of yours and mimic even more what they do.
Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
Didn't read the whole reply of heyclown. The thing that I missed most was putting me on the edge of my chair.
Have me wanting to know what comes next. Give me a glimps of what's coming , but barely enough for me to get curious.
Music is about the right balance of repetition and diversity. Try not to show all your goods at once. Less is more, be a bit more conservative, play around with your volumes more. Have stuff added low on volume, take it away again, take out the lows of and some of the mids of an instrument and slowly get that to progress to mixing it back in, then carefully build up to a climax, just before the climax, drop everything out except a lead, new or old, some transition sound like a "swoosh" going up in pitch, then after a few beats, jam everything back in on proper volume with your main lead. I hope this makes sense, it does to me :D

Last edited:
Back