How to make trap snares ?

BeatsByD

I always wondered how they made these trap snares like in these examples:

I dont know if they made it out of an original TR-808 snare, because i got some sample packs from a TR-808 and the snares doesnt even sound close to it.

Any ideas on how they made this or other trap snares in general, these were just examples.

Do you want to synthesize your own or buy packs?

I dont really need packs or anything, im just curious on how they made these type of snares. I mean, what did they start with, and how did they end up sounding like they do.

Im sure they are layered etc.

Oscillators

I dont really need packs or anything, im just curious on how they made these type of snares. I mean, what did they start with, and how did they end up sounding like they do.

Im sure they are layered etc.

Well the ticky snare you are refering to is definetly an 808

how it is made ?

I just did a quick research and apparently they are just oscillators believe it or not , no samples or anything.

I think i saw a tutorial a while back about synthesizing snares in 3xosc (in fl studio)
You can google that if you wanna dig into the process.

I recommend sampling it from a track though, or from an 808 if you can get your hands on one.

Well the ticky snare you are refering to is definetly an 808

how it is made ?

I just did a quick research and apparently they are just oscillators believe it or not , no samples or anything.

I think i saw a tutorial a while back about synthesizing snares in 3xosc (in fl studio)
You can google that if you wanna dig into the process.

I recommend sampling it from a track though, or from an 808 if you can get your hands on one.

Thanks, will look into those videos.

Im not really going to sample or anything, i already got the same snare as in the first track and probably the second too. I just wanna learn how they made it

Get any Vsti that's reproducing an old classic 808 Drum Synthetizer like the Roland TR-808 for example. It is virtually a basic 808 snare made with a machine that costs up to 2000 usd these days. Well of course you don't really have to buy one these days, since you can have the acutal individual sounds of it downloaded inside a vsti.. There you can play with the tone given by frequency ( where you can enter the well known *key-mode* spreading the snare sample all over your midi keyboard along and matching the notes ) and tweak the other sound characteristics as well: volume, thump, spread etc.
Just look online for a free 808 vsti and if you are a good sound designer you can get a great snare sound from any sample by playing with those knobs a little. I recommend one with the sound samples of the roland really.

all good,
Massena

you have to understand the tools you have, the eq, and so

so you become a better listener you start to identify better if one snare has more smack, more head, or whatsoever you call

how is the compressor effecting the snare its envelope

the stereo image, reverb, delay and stuff like that

I always wondered how they made these trap snares like in these examples:

I dont know if they made it out of an original TR-808 snare, because i got some sample packs from a TR-808 and the snares doesnt even sound close to it.

Any ideas on how they made this or other trap snares in general, these were just examples.

1. Take original 808 snare. (One of the slightly higher pitched ones if you have it) Maybe do some eq, add more 200 hz if it's too noisy and more high shelf if it's too plucky.

2. Duplicate once. Pitch up the copy 1 octave. Or run 50% wet into a pitch shifter, same thing. Play the pitched up and duplicate together.

???

4. Make trap banger, sell million records etc

Last edited:
Back