How to make this synth?

Ferdows

Sup guys,

anyone knows how to make this synth? Ive tried to achieve it with a saw and lowpass filter with an attack, but didnt sound the same at all, tried it with a sine as well, didnt sound close either.

Anyone got tips?

Last edited:
It can be any waveform. Keep in mind though that the waveform will sound exactly how it looks & vice versa.
I'm not even kidding lol.

Try a triangle octave 4, square octave 5, sine octave 2 mixed together. Low pass filter it and high pass a tiny bit. A mod envelope is on the attack there. Lots of detuning for sure. Experiment from there.

1. Each synth is different but you can still achieve very similar/identical results in any daw.
  2. It can be anything. It sounds like a detuned osc with glide on it.[Can possibly have something else on it too based on listening to it again.
  3. Experimentation & research is the only recommendation I can give.
  4. If your daw has unison, you can also try that.

I can make that detuned glide sound, but finding the right wavetable thats sounding like his is just very difficult, I thought maybe someone can hear it by ear.

I got a lot of synths to work with, serum and massive are the ones I use mostly though.

I tried around with massive and searched through the presets, if you give the "classic dt chords3+6" presets a bit lower lowpass, change single octaves and remove some of the motion effects/filters it sounds similar. Also with the "Color" (and maybe +"Chord") wavetable you can get similar (in my opinion better) sounds, but i dont think it has been created with Massive. Either that or some filtering in massive that im not familiar with has been applied. Well i tried :D i couldnt recreate it on point with massive

Not every sound you hear in most music is made with massive but it should be possible.
There are tooooons of synthesizers out there.
Serum, massive & zebra are some examples of synths that can do wavetable synthesis.

Zebra can do modular, wavetable,fm & a couple other types and so can serum.
Massive is the traditional wavetable morphing kind with predefined wavetables to choose from but has a lot of modulation depth also.

usually for these style of synths a low-passed square is used (somtimes with multiple osc and a bit of detune, in this case i think it's just one osc). it helps to make sure you're playing complex chords, mainly 7ths

Last edited:
Dune (old vst) has tons of wave forms which you might be looking for. Has unison, and detune as well. 2 OSC synth. Easy to use.

I tried around with massive and searched through the presets, if you give the "classic dt chords3+6" presets a bit lower lowpass, change single octaves and remove some of the motion effects/filters it sounds similar. Also with the "Color" (and maybe +"Chord") wavetable you can get similar (in my opinion better) sounds, but i dont think it has been created with Massive. Either that or some filtering in massive that im not familiar with has been applied. Well i tried :D i couldnt recreate it on point with massive

Yo thanks, this helped a lot, the classic dt chords 6 sound pretty close with some adjustments !

There are so many different synths, VSTs, and synthesis techniques out there. That being said, experimentation is key to being able to produce the sounds that you want. It's unlikely that someone will approach you with a set of parameter values for creating a replica of a sound included in that track. I've spent many hours trying to recreate sounds that I hear in tracks that appeal to me. Most of the time you will have to be the one to this because no one else will care enough to do it for you. Even if you fail that doesn't mean your labor was fruitless. You learn through application, so don't get discouraged. Keep trying, and once you get there it will be that much more satisfying knowing that you were the one that made it happen. :)

Back