How to make this lovely sound?

leomessi10

Okay I'm new here, but not new to production!
Since I am newly registered (although I've been following this site for years) I have to have a certain amount of posts
before I can upload the link. But for those with patience, I will tell you the song I am referring to where you can immediately find it on youtube: Song - Often (Kygo Remix)

The sound:

0:36 seconds,
Im not completely sure what instrument that is, whether it is guitar/organ or something else? or what type effect he put on it..

any ideas?

I would be super grateful. Thx

its probably sound designed bro... its becoming a revolutionary thing you should stretch into it aswel and try and make the sound. i suggest massive or sylenth. you will go way further and then kids will be asking where to find your sounds instead. :)

However, trying to recreate certain sound also improves your designing skills, so do not hesitate doing that sometimes :P
Hmm, this sounds like something between piano and pluck with filter automation on it. Can't be sure, because i was away from music production for over a year now.

my guess would be that it might be a piano with a heavy phaser and reverb and some of the high end cutoff, then played using a fast arpeggiated riff over 2-3 octaves

Back