How to make HARD hitting kicks?

I can not access the link you posted, but I know what a hard hitting kick is...I wanted to make sure that is what you meant.
There's two things first, do you like to create your own kick from scratch or get a sample and use those?
I use ableton, and I generally use 2-3 different kick sample and pick a low, mid, and high range from each and record it into a new track..that way I am not merely recycling a sound.
If you use ableton, what ableton automatically does is fades in the first few frequencies of any audio sample. So, generally that usually takes the "hardness" out of the kick. All you have to do is right click and choose "show Faders" and simply drag the button to the left so there's no fade in.
If you're not using ableton, then you can choose sounds from favorite songs, I would pick 3-4 songs...and then sample only the kick. Then you will have listen and decide which kick sounds good to you for what purpose, and then EQ (low cut for one for example, high cut another) to recreate a full sound. The mid to high end range is what will give you the hardness by the way.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
ZZ

"This page is for site members only. You must log-in or register to continue. If you have registered, you must also verify your registration by clicking on the link in the email we sent."

Anyway, you can buy the Vvengence sample packs and get all the kicks that you'd ever need
If you into Rock, then Celldweller offers a cool sample package with great kicks

Back