how to make a good beat faster

flre0007

you get people who can make good beats fast but they more like mixes and repetitive club beats. I always take longer on my beats. I focus on perfecting instruments sound and individual beats rather than focusing on the song as a whole. When you look at mixes and party music, the instruments don't sound perfect but its the beat and anticipation that they focus on. I want to make music like that. How do I improve in making beats fast but still effective

My answer would be to have the majority of your work done beforehand. Quality sounds, presets, etc. Has definetly increased my workflow creating/tweaking/customing all my drums & VST sounds before I even start makin uh beat. Also if you know your DAW you should be able to move around relatively quick. What kinda music it is doesn't matter, your doin the same thing everytime anyway, lettin it all out. Or lettin it all flow I should say.

The anticipation is "builds". Making faster music is nothing but bumping up your BPM. It's good that you don't shit on your mixdown while composing, it's a good habit to get into once you can create off the top of your head.

Also learn structure for the genre your producing and i suggest learning what a break beat is and what types of breaks there are.

I like that idea

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

The anticipation is "builds". Making faster music is nothing but bumping up your BPM. It's good that you don't shit on your mixdown while composing, it's a good habit to get into once you can create off the top of your head.

Also learn structure for the genre your producing and i suggest learning what a break beat is and what types of breaks there are.

What would you do with a program like fruit loops were you can only set the tempo for the whole song rather than a portions. Would you have to manually build up the bpm build ups. I also notice how in house music, they will have a beat/melody that will slowly get louder to build suspend. You can do this on fruit loops but its really limiting. You can only set the velocity/volume of each individual note and cant make one single note slowly get louder.

What would you do with a program like fruit loops were you can only set the tempo for the whole song rather than a portions. Would you have to manually build up the bpm build ups. I also notice how in house music, they will have a beat/melody that will slowly get louder to build suspend. You can do this on fruit loops but its really limiting. You can only set the velocity/volume of each individual note and cant make one single note slowly get louder.

You can do everything you just said w/ Automation. LearN Yr DaW.1!

yeah, automation is a very important aspect to learn if you want things to sound perfect. And maybe what you about House music getting louder, it's the sweeps and sound effects behind it?

I like that idea

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Learn half time, double time and of course real time. You can have a beat rolling along and then BLAM, half time your beat on the breakdown or what ever your wanting to do and you just slowed it all up but at the same time, it's still the same BPM but just half time or double time in the seqeuncer, which ever you prefer. Again, i suggest learning structure.

Learn half time, double time and of course real time. You can have a beat rolling along and then BLAM, half time your beat on the breakdown or what ever your wanting to do and you just slowed it all up but at the same time, it's still the same BPM but just half time or double time in the seqeuncer, which ever you prefer. Again, i suggest learning structure.

It's true. You can do the halfspeed thing by rightclicking on the BPM in FL.

Great tips and knowledge have been
dropped in this thread.

One thing I like to do in FL is make
a template.

It helps a lot. When you just want to
get things started without all of the other
BS.

:)

Back