How to make a future bass drop like that ?

Wakeon

YouTube

Hey friends!! Listened this remix and loved the drop (at 0:57) and I wanted compose something similar, very powerful and colored Please can you give me some tips :)? Thx !!

The snare buildup was pretty powerful with this drop, and the main element revolving around future bass always seems to be chord stacks. So I would say learn how to make proper future bass chord stacks, followed by saws, and then incorporate subs into it. After you have your main drums and chord progression with your stacks, saws and subs, fill the drop even more with all those fancy little bells and arps. Don't forget to EQ! It makes for really impactful big sounding drops, especially when conflicting frequencies are minimized. I recommend looking up some future bass tutorials online if you're new to producing in the genre.

Good luck!

Hey friends!! Listened this remix and loved the drop (at 0:57) and I wanted compose something similar, very powerful and colored Please can you give me some tips :)? Thx !!

For the Main saw lead do the following:

Open a vst of your choice (I find this easiest on serum or sylenth... alternatively massive)
Initialize the preset
set oscillator one to a saw wave, turn the other(s) off
increase the number of voices to 4-10 voices (tweak this as you go and develop a feel for your sound)
detune the voices to your liking (tweak this as you go and develop a feel for your sound)
that's essentially the main basis of the synth aspect, be sure to play chords with this patch, not just single notes
then use a filter, preferably one that has a sidechain function
sidechain a low pass notch to the kick or a ghost kick (a track that is actually off but has a kick just being used for sidechaining)
Instead of using a filter with a sidechain function you can also modulate a low pass filter in your synth, using a bit of attack so that the synth opens up rather than just being all the way open right when it hits.
you can also modulate the spread/detune with a similar modulation filter as the low pass filter modulation i described above. this will make the synth go from being narrow to wide, further adding to the effect of opening up.

In terms of other elements of the track: the plucky synth adds a lot of color as it is quite melodic. You can get something similar by using triangle, saw and/or square waves with a low pass filter that has a short decay.
filters for these elements in this track seem to be modulated to open quite far (which is part of the reason why it's so bright and "colorful")
the bass wobbles sound like stacked waves, maybe with FM modulation, and obviously an LFO on the low pass filter to make them wobble.

Look up tutorials for individual elements (ex. electronic/future bass pluck, future bass lead, dubstep wobble, future bass wobble)

Make sure you spend time finding a good kick sample, and use sidechain compression on most of the elements.. sidechain them to the kick so all the elements have this pumping effect to help make the song "powerful" as you said you wanted it to be

make sure you don't have too many elements, or at least give the elements their frequency room. if you have too much going on at once you might have a hard time making the track powerful. make sure you cut out the low frequencies from the pluck and saw wave if you have bass wobbles, and make sure you sidechain the bass to the kick to give the kick power, which drives your song.

for color, come up with a nice melody on the pluck and/or the wobble, and make sure the filter on at least one of the elements is open far enough, so that high frequencies are let out and there are some bright and "colorful" elements

I hope this helps, good luck on your journey

Back