how to make disjointed precision like lapalux, shlohmo,and noyce ???

Argentine

Hi I have been listening to much shlohmo lapalux and noyce recently and one thing that has captivated me is their disjointed lofi precusion they use .I currently use ableton and i ive learnt to to get the lofi sound through much resampling but one thing that has evaded me is how they keep their drums on sync but sounding so disjointed ive tried using groves but it never really works
so can anyone help me uncover this drum programing technique used by these artists:o

Examples

Noyce: with you
Lianne la havas : lost and found (lapalux remix )
Burial : shell of light (shlohmo remix )

I doubt there's a special "programming technique" to this - I guess the trick is simply to keep the basic beat super sparse & on the "grid" (so that your snare is always on point, for example; just to give the listener a point of reference), and then just experiment layering the more stochastic-sounding stuff on top of it and see what works.

So the snare drum remains constant but your kicks and little elements are the ones that have variety whilst staying on the grid i can understand that and from that maybe i can add a bit of groove to give it a little sense of naturalism ...... Thanks alot cause i was wondering in combination with dropping the bpm at some parts it could lead to a little bit of the disjointed feel i want ...........Thank you got me thinking of how to approach this it just went over my head

Don't know the folks you mention but try this stochastic process

Start with the grid
Add 16th notes to each bar
Use a random pitch assignment to shift each note to a particular instrument in the percussion kit you want to use (set upper/lower limits to limit the pitch range).
Use selective deletion to create the final sounds

Back