How to make a Beat to an acapella

J

jucktmichvoll

Hi ,

First of all i have to say that this is a great board and i have learnt a lot from here, but excuse my english im from Germany :rolleyes:

I make beats with Reason and a midi keyboard..and its going pretty well... but now i wondered if u had an acapella how to make a beat to it...i have an example acapella id like to make a beat to´, here is the link... please tell me how could i start... thank you

http://rapidshare.de/files/21843981...ve__main_version___acappella_-djayyo.mp3.html

:hello:

u needa start by gettin the BPM of he original track i.e the acapella track, count the bars in each verse im guessin it will be about 16 bars a verse with a 4 bar hook... just get to work countin the bars and thats a start

rewire

ever heard of rewire? you gotta have a main sequencer like cubase or pro tools or sonar to mess with long audio files like acapellas.. you gotta import the file into the sequencer find its BPM down to the teeth, I mean to the hundreth of a beat and trial and error check and recheck its tempo to match a click or whatever. once thats done you can timestretch (speed up or slow down) the acapella however much you want to a any tracks bpm

Oh , the bpm is no problem , because i have the original track...but my problem is , i want to create a beat to this acapella with melodies that match the voice , u feel me ? i just dont want to copy the melodies from the original track , i want to create a new melody that mathces the voice too , but how can i do this ?

make music...

well, your wondering about tuning then and that all comes with knowing what key the acapella is in - and a good start is the original track melody but you can definitely branch off of any melody by learning the keyboard and palying a melody up and down the scale using every note.. kinda hard how to explain how you actually make music but it all comes with practice, play with samples try tuning up and down finding what key sounds good.. (they key is usually the first note in a melody but it can change every bar)

Back