How to make this bass

Star27

Does anybody know how to make this bass. I am using Massive with a some modulation envelopes (level, decay) but I cannot get it the tail to cutoff. I up the resonance but the sound is still far from it. I also automate filter cut on and off. Added quite a bit of saturation to make it more distorted. I'm like 40% satisfy with the result but the sound is completely off, I think. Anyone want to give this a try?

Last edited:
That's a DJ Mustard kind of bass. It's actually pretty easy to create. You can start with a basic sine or moog from almost any synthesizer out there, adjust the attack, release and sustain of the sound and then add movement with a filter until you get the desired results. If the synthesizer doesn't have the options to make those adjust, then you can bounce the sound into a wav or aiff track so you can easier manipulate it. Some DAWs have great tools for this like FL Studio, which I'm guessing is what you're using.

Last edited:
Try using one OSC with the the pitch to -12.00 then change the default sound square-saw into Herby. After that, turn both the Amp and Intensity knob to 1 o' Clock and the WT-Position to 11 o' Clock. (I'm referring to the knobs as a time clock). You should have a nice bass. Now try you can going further with adding filters and EQing.

Back