How to make this amazing effect?? (Dilla's beat)

It's a tremolo effect. There's many plugins that give that effect, the one I use is from SoundToys. Tremolo is a variance of volume giving it that bouncing sound....Hope this helps.

Last edited:
It's a tremolo effect. There's many plugins that give that effect, the one I use is from SoundToys. Tremolo is a variance of volume giving it that bouncing sound....Hope this helps.
Ok I'm gona try, first of all I wanted to know the name of that effect and now I know it so thank you very much man.

It's more than a tremolo as the filter is opening as well, in time with the lfo driving the tremolo..

BTW
You can create your own tremolo by using a positive going LFO to modulate the volume slider. So send the same LFO to both the volume slider and the filter to create the effect for yourself.

It's more than a tremolo as the filter is opening as well, in time with the lfo driving the tremolo..

BTW
You can create your own tremolo by using a positive going LFO to modulate the volume slider. So send the same LFO to both the volume slider and the filter to create the effect for yourself.
Yeah you mean this, right?? I'm playing with the pan and cut and btw I added a filter too as you can see in the picture, that sounds really good actually! and now I'm close of the type of sound i was looking for
fl.jpg

(I don't know if you can see the pic cause i can't so this is the link of the pic)
https://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9418/32563042.jpg

Last edited:
exactly what I meant :)
I definitely have the sound I wanted, thanks for the help bro

I'm using this effect on a sample btw, I really like the sound I'll post here when it's done

---------- Post added 12-13-2011 at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-12-2011 at 02:19 PM ----------

This is what I did

Back