How the hell do you make this!

seems like some random LFO. Might be pitch+attack+pan. keep in mind in those types of song, the vocal pretty much carries the whole track. you probably have to EQ it before any reverb (after too if u want) but my guess is the common factor between the links you quoted is modulation, especially the last one, on 0:20. it's just a sound pitched down, easy. when you load your samples, remember to turn the polyphony to 1 so they will cut when you press another button. anyway, just chop some vocal and i don't know what DAW you use but you might wanna find a keyboard type of sampler.. you might wanna combine the vocal with a synth ...
point is, experiment with audio source

edit : oh and what type of vocal ? anything really google trap vocal i'm sure you'll be served, but really ANY vocal can do the trick. record yourself, or you cat, sister whatever, even iphone recording (voicemails are gold) is good.

you cat, sister whatever, even iphone recording (voicemails are gold) is good <--- Lmfao!

Sorry i'm quiet new to this "Chopping vocals"
How do i turn polyphony to 1?
When i load the vocal into Slicex on FL Studio, I chop, Make it at-least 3 markers, Then get down to the piano roll, Start getting creative, and then when i listen to it, It sounds very weird, If i could send you a sample of it, I would, But i'm not sure how lol
I am using FL Studio, If your know FL Studio. How do i change the pitch?

i suggest youtube : "how to pitch down vocals fl studio" you'll have tons of video to teach you. chop = slice = cut in different parts
polyphony is on "Channel settings" a little window. then go to MISC => Polyphony. Try porta too it can be dope.
i don't use FL that much, not too sampled at least but just dragging a sample and opening the piano roll do the trick, if you only have ONE vocal.
Also, try building your drums first, to have a clear idea of where you want your vocal.

also chopping vocal (i think) is related to chopped and screwed which is a style of ... mix? which was made popular by DJ Screw (dont know if he is the architect); look that up it's dope too.. sometimes.

Might sound weird, But i do the settings you said, 1 polyphony and the active porta, there was no difference? was there meant to be?:/

You got any good VSTs suggestions that go well with chopped vocals?

sorry do not use VST for sampling, i use reason and ableton, i sample with built-in sampler. so should you with fl studio. go to youtube. open your program. do as he says, try different videos. i really can't help you sorry mate
also try and forget about VST and start by mastering your tools, FL STUDIO have more than enough effects. You seem to need some quality time with your DAW, unplug internet and try single button (ahhaha) but seriously you don't need VST for sampling, you don't need VST to make good tracks.

Tried Ableton, Dont know a thing on how to sample/chop in there, i'm gonna have a look around and see what i can do, Trap in my eyes is actually hard to create

Edit

I recognize one of the vocals from kendrick lamar - backstreet freestyle no?

No clue mate, but tell you one thing, Been trying to make similar soundd, and i have not had any progressions-_-

Just listened to that song, and it does actually match Kandrick lamar

Last edited:
Back