How to have my synth pluck even when raising my Saw LFO'ed LPF?

Title explains my problem. I know that there are ways to do this, but I'm not sure how. I'm thinking (in a subtractive/wavetable synth such as massive/serum) I can do this by modulating the OSCs' intensities with the saw lfo instead, but I'm not certain how I can do it in other synths such as operator/synth1.

Maybe have the LFO restart with every note & adjust its phase/shape so you'll always get the pluck first?

if understand your question correctly, you would need to set both the filter and volume envelopes the same way and turn down the filter envelope amount so its just a filtered pluck at first then when the filter is released its stil a pluck with all frequencies playing. another option is to render it to a sample then apply a simple lowpass filter and automate it.

if understand your question correctly, you would need to set both the filter and volume envelopes the same way and turn down the filter envelope amount so its just a filtered pluck at first then when the filter is released its stil a pluck with all frequencies playing. another option is to render it to a sample then apply a simple lowpass filter and automate it.

Problem fixed with your help. I simply put a saw lfo on the VCA's level to make it act like tremolo and then put the same lfo on the cutoff. Worked like a charm.

Back