How has the sickest drum patterns

Prime Suspekt said:

Neptunes? Hell naw! I say Mannie Fresh and David Banner have the tightest drum patterns! I think the Neptunes have nice melodies, but they aren't known for their drum patterns...And Dr.Dre has some tight patterns too! Simple, yet effective!

Fresh is def. a contender, more known for his sonic melodies though. Dre, yeah, I would say dre. I think timbo also. I don't like the Nepts drums much tho...

Linkin Park's track Session has a phat beat that knows no limits. I love that track

Jay Z's track Jigga What has a great pattern.

A lot of the traks on Reanimation by Linkin Park has awsome patternes.

Im pretty dope with the drumz for real im a newb but seriously I rate my self highly in that department

best drum patterns....Dre??? DRE???

lmfao.

how you gonna say a person who does a simple 4 on the floor drum pattern on nearly every damn song has the best drum patterns.

now if your talking about best sounding, and hard hitting drums, then i say Dre...but best patterns, naw. just my opinion.

rapmaster_e said:
best drum patterns....Dre??? DRE???

lmfao.

how you gonna say a person who does a simple 4 on the floor drum pattern on nearly every damn song has the best drum patterns.

now if your talking about best sounding, and hard hitting drums, then i say Dre...but best patterns, naw. just my opinion.
\

Whatever, simplicity can be a good thing. I don't like it when beats become too complicated.

I hate the black eyed peas the most for their songs. Don't care for them.

Dj Premier
Kanye West
Heavy Hitters
Dr Dre
Neptunes
JustBlaze

all swizz beats are da same to me ...they got dat live approach all da tyme

YALL GOT TO BE CRAZY IF YOU AINT LISTENING TO THE SIMPLE SICKNESS OF THE NEPTUNES! their patterns are sick. If you can make a track with triton preset drums and make it a hit then you are sick! alot of people underestimate their talent level those guys got it. they can make a cat saying meow into a drum and have us boppin talkin bout I wonder what that sound is cuz the patterns are sick and very live and un quantized after Kelis first Album! haaaaaaaaa have you listened to that album lately. I never knew you could play a hit hat that straight. and the tracks still swings. haaaaaaaaaaaa

The person with the tightest patterns in my opinion is K-Gee formerly of Naughty by Nature. I think the way he uses his high hats and percussions as well as how he creates his groove is definitely on point. As a matter of fact, K-Gee was the that made me want to go out and start programing drum beats.

I really love Dr. Dre's drum programming as well. Even though it is very simple, its highly effective for the type of music he creates. Personally, I think his drum sounds probably "sound" the best of the bunch.

Another person I can't neglect to mention is Tim, but his drum patterns can be way overwhelming sometimes. Maybe its what he wants to be his trademark, but I think his programming can be a little too complicated. Not so much in the sense that you can "figure it out", but more so in the sense that it sounds "too busy" at times.

Jam-Jam said:

Kanye West
Kanye West???
Kanye's patterns suck! And I don't want to get started on his choice of drums! All his patterns are boring to me, and his drums sound thin as hell.
Well, not everyone has the same ear, so I'll let that one slide.:)
Sickest Drum Patterns?
I don't know, but I think I might go with Timbo on this. Not alot of people could toss that many percussion instruments on a track and call it Hip Hop. He gets my nomination.

there's not really anyone that you can honestly say has and superior drum programming skills besides Timbaland the producers' down south like DJ Paul & Juicy J, & the Medicine Men/Beats by the Pound

Aphex Twin has the illest programmed drum patterns, it's like 100 ideas per second. AMAZING.

As far as sonically...

Ali Shaheed Muhammad (why does nobody ever mention this guy?)

Primo (BANGIN!!!)

Jaydee

Dre

Timbo

Neptunes

Back