How to get Scott Storch string sounds?

gotbeats?

I've been listening alot to Storch lately, and I've noticed he has a ethinic string sound. I want to figure out how to make a similar sound. I know people say to make pitch bends, but I find that I can't bend the notes fast enough to get the sound. I can kinda do it when I play slowly.

Is there a certain string refill/sound that I can use that automaticly gives the same basic pitch bend sound?

Thanks.

gotbeats? said:
I've been listening alot to Storch lately, and I've noticed he has a ethinic string sound. I want to figure out how to make a similar sound. I know people say to make pitch bends, but I find that I can't bend the notes fast enough to get the sound. I can kinda do it when I play slowly.
Keep practicing.

gotbeats? said:
Is there a certain string refill/sound that I can use that automaticly gives the same basic pitch bend sound?
Unless someone takes the time to record & sample it for you, I doubt it.

SOMETIMES you have to actually put some work in to make music.

Actually, if enough people continue asking about this, someone will eventually take advantage of the money making opportunity. Take a look on eBay.

Not only does he use the pitch bend, but he works with a lot of live instruments and session players. I think he worked with "the black violin", these two guys who do string lines for producers. So, I mean, I don't think there's a short cut to achieving his sound. I suggest getting an instrument, like a REAL violin, and learning how to play/record it. there are countless benefits to knowing how to play an instrument.

the sitar sound he uses? its basicly just the sitar with some pitch bend on it. oh and knowing where you want it to bend helps.

if your using a midi controller.
i dont know anything about reason but i do know if you record your melody in fl studio, you can record the pitch bend seperatly . so record melody then record pitch bend over melody = melody with pitch bend.

Last edited:
just combine ur strings and u can get sumthin similar to his, but for better results,consider u gettin a motif

Back